Meetings are very children unfriendly

by Robert7 18 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah the witnesses always use the fact that they worship as a family to try and snowjob their drones into beliveing their bulls***. reality.......... you either think of the problem ahead of time and make it so you have a place for familys to TAKE their children when they misbehave.......... or you separate them from the start.

the place i like going to church makes you check in your children and they give you a card with a number....... now you can take them into the sancuary if you want.......... but if they are getting to roudy or wont sit still you can take them to the childrens ministry and check them in............ now if they start throwing a ring tailed fit............ they will flash the number from your receipt so that you KNOW to get your hiney to the place cause there is a problem with your little angel.

gives you the freedom of choice............ and lets your child play with other children their age...... while participateing in fun christian things that makes them actually learn something as well.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I had a crying baby and one of the servants asked me to leave the auditorium. Once in the foyer, about 10 seconds later, another "servant" told me that I was spoiling the child and should return to my seat. Neither of these had children. I was not happy that day.

• blondie
    blondie

I never knew what was going on at the meetings anyway until I was about 11 or 12. Of course my mother did not have a "family" study and we only had one personal copy of the WT (hers) that we could not touch. I learned to play several word games to while away the time, anagrams of WT terms. It is no wonder that I am good at cryptograms, crosswords, etc., even today. Actually, I think many jw adults would get more out of Sunday school than the meetings.

Blondie

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Count me as one of the numerous beaten for not paying attention. My sister was older than me and really disturbed by it because she used to baby sit alot and I really didn't make much noise for a 2/3 year old.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

With three young children, bobbi went to a meeting alone and one of them was acting up. It is difficult with many kids since you either have to take them all out or stay there.

Well a ministerial servant comes up and asks bobbi to take the child out of the auditorium because it's distracting and proceeds to stand there watching as she attempts to gather up all the stuff that comes with having two toddlers and a baby. She packed everything up, left the room and went straight out the door and came home.

On the plus side, when bobbi dragged me to a meeting I would always volunteer to take the kids out that were misbehaving. We'd go to one of the second "schools" and play. Bobbi got to listen to the meeting and I didn't. win/win

Though I have to admit that our current arrangement is working out even better!

• logic
    logic

I have always thought that some type of bible class thing would have been great for the kids and would have given the parents a break. The society is either so ignorant about kids or in my opinion it is part of the method of brainwashing and so the kids really do not learn anything . If the kids had an atmosphere that made learning the bible fun then they would grow up with more appreciation. Most jw kids I know don't have a clue about what is in the bible. My wife did the fun thing with our kids and they had more knowledge of what the bible actually says.

It is a proven fact that kids don't learn to well under duress. Most of the kids I grew up with that went throught this kind of hell at the hall just left when they were old enough.

I am not saying that kids should not behave when it is appropriate, but why make a kids life a pain in the but for 5 hours a week or more.

My daughter is a devout jw, she seemed to fit into the lifestyle and was always easily influenced by others . My son has always said it was a bunch of crap and could not stand the authority angle of the society. My kids were like the opposite ends of a magnet.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole religion is very poor for children. The material is dull even for adults, let alone for children that naturally have to learn. I can remember when I was at an a$$embly and I was watching one particularly intelligent and active child (who was about 20 months at the time), and I was very lenient. I recognized that children that age needed to explore and learn, so I sacrificed the 20 minutes or so to allow for this. Later, when another witless took that child, they had zero tolerance for that kind of exploration. Standing still in the lunch line after sitting still for 3 hours during the program was too much.

This is normal for all boasting sessions. Children that are very intelligent are often into everything, and I would provide for this obviously intelligent baby. Getting into things was normal, and I let that child explore my pockets and meeting bag, even hiding little goodies to encourage it. I also had a calculator for those children to play with, even though they were too young to fully understand how to use one the "proper" way.

Wouldn't you know, before long the hounders made a bunch of rules that were designed to prevent this. Here I am, doing something to make their lives a bit more tolerable at the Kingdumb Hell by providing drawing paper and colored pens. And, it wasn't their parents making the fuss against it (in fact, they were grateful that I had the tolerance of this kind of behavior and would reduce their misbehavior). It was the other hounders that made those rules. And now I hope all those children remember that experience, and have turned apostate (I hope one or more of them ends up on this or another apostate board).

More common, has anyone observed the meetings that don't end on school nights until after 10 PM? Usually, it is the Thursday night meeting. Notably, many schools have those unit tests on Fridays. Not quizzes, mind you, but tests. Most of the grade is coming from this. And they are going to be tired going into those unit tests, ensuring that they are going to do poorly on them. Yet, parents are not allowed to keep their children out for Satan's unit tests, or they will be getting a call from Brother Hounder. And, this can run later than that. I have seen many a hounder-hounder talk that has lasted until almost 11 PM, on a school night at that. To me, that is almost as abusive as having to sit still for 2 hours, because if they flunk a unit test, they will do poorly elsewhere because they will get a poor grade.

• inkling
    inkling
    And they are going to be tired going into those unit tests, ensuring that they are going to do poorly on them.

I remember one family would occasionally miss meetings for school work and getting to bed early, and most others talked about them behind this backs for it.

They were not "putting spiritual things first"

[inkling]

• eclipse
    eclipse

We had the CO visit. This was a few years ago but I remember this incident like it was yesterday.

Now If only I could remeber the asshole's name I would post it, NO ONE liked him.

He was severe, harsh and cold.

Anyways, during one of his numerous berating talks that sunday, a baby started acting up,

the mother decided to try and quiet her baby at her seat so as not to miss your ''royal highness's'' discourse.

To our shock and surprise he stopped talking. Like dead stopped.

He waited silent until she got up and took her fussing baby out of the auditorium.

It felt like 5 minutes before he started speaking again, and like nothing happened too!

I was incenced. I couldn't believe the level of rudeness and complete incompassion towards the sister and her baby..

This asshole was notorious for disliking children. All the bro's and sisters talked how much he hated children.

Absolute the unchristian love for ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit