Xmas

by is there help out there 4 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

To those who are still JW and former JW. Did you ever celerbrate Xmas behind closed doors.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I totally did. After about a year of being inactive one crisp Christmas Day, I took my kids to my mom's house where she had Christmas Presents for them. My then JW husband came back from a long day of witnessing peddling magazines and saw the kids happily playing he never asked where the toys came from we were all happy to have enjoyed ourselves and he never knew where we were all day.

YC

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I didn't actually celebrate Christmas, but I had no problem attending the company party to eat and drink. It took place during working hours, so my ex didn't know.

W

• bem
    bem

We did not while still active or as we de-activated, in fact it was about three or four years after fading and a disfellowshipping that we started celebrating at first with a feeling of guilt and shame on my part, then it occured to me anything that shame based as the religion had become to me couldn't be good. So now I celebrate with gusto, flaire and fun!

Welcome to the board ITHOT

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

regardless............ merry christmas all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit