Have You wrote to a newspaper about the witnesses?

by Save My Soul 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I remember when the change regarding the generation came in 1995, many co-workers harassed me about this revised doctrine. I was not aware of how they knew of this. The LA Times and a few periodicals (i.e. Newsweek, Time.....) had excellent articles on the topics. I thought with all of these recent issues (another false teaching on This generation, molested children, blood deaths in Europe) WE should write our local newspapers about the feelings of many longtime witnesses. Many newspapers have religious sections, that may be a great place to start. After reading a great thread by Lady Liberty, the 607 issue may unravel soon. One letter seems like a whiner, but a group may uncover a hot story.

Faders, the inactive and apostates are viewed as evil, fornicating, disgruntled, bad employees. We are not the problem, the borg is.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Gopher
    Gopher

In October, a few of us here wrote a local newspaper in North Carolina after they had published a JW-approved puff piece:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/143331/1.ashx

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Great job Gopher!!!!

It would be great to increase the awareness. Firpo Carr writes an column in the Los Angeles Sentinel, but he writes about doctrines. I have wrote them, but the paper does not publish letters. Planning on the LA Times later today.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

no but i should huh

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm going to be writing to our National newspapers and TV stations about the whole pedophile thing in the Witnesses.

• AK - Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit