Weirdest People you've met while Witnessing!!! {Nut cases}

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

One return visit old lady open the door and yelled at me we were devils....I tried to "reason" with her {what an idiot} then she says: "I'm getting my gun." and walks inside. I grabbed the Sister with me and we took off in our car while the old lady followed us back out and threw rocks at the car as we drove off. Just missed - Worst Return Visit I ever had!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I very delish man did come to my door with just his towel on.

The VERY worst was when we had to witness at the college res. Man that was embarressing - especially being a teenager and all these boys are there or boys sleeping in girls rooms or just boys and they call you in, sit really close to you and say how good you smell......**big chesty breathe in** ja

• dinah
    dinah

Two popped into my mind:

Once we called on a woman who was a witch/fortune teller. She was creepy.

Another time when I was about 12, my friend and I got a house where a shut-in elderly woman lived. She thought we were there to sing for her. Apparently some churches actually had outreach programs and came by to cheer her up. Since we couldn't sing well at all--we ran outta there! Looking back, we should have spent a little time talking with her about something other than the WT. She was lonely and wanted company.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Weird or gross, I once got dragged on a call where the guy had a mayonnaise jar that had about 2" of a bloody substance on the bottom. Every 30 seconds or so, he would spit more blood into that jar. And to think I was supposed to be drawn to that. It was enough to make me want to puke (and I am one that can read stuff on this forum without puking, though I do find fallacious reasoning and tear it apart).

I think I would rather look at a Christmas tree.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

My sister's Bible study called her one night and told her she must come over it was urgent.

When she got there the woman showed her a box and said it was full of drugs. Sis gave her a ride to the police station and couldn't believe how rude the cops were, laughing and all.

Sis said, "This is serious!" The cops asked her if she had seen inside the box. Of course she hadn't and it was full of trinkets, marbles etc. No drugs. Apparently this was a regular thing with the woman. Man, my sister sure felt stupid.

sacrebleu

• snowbird
    snowbird

Never met any, leading me to the conclusion that there are no weird people in my neck of the woods.

Sylvia

• delilah
    delilah

Actually, I can't think of any...but I can sure tell you about some of the nutcases in my old congregation....

Most of whom I met in the field service were pretty cool....

• dudeski
    dudeski

the worst experience i ever had took place when i was 10 years old in rural arizona with my mother. the houses were spread about 5 blocks apart from each other and shared a common dirt road for entry. one residence had several "no trespassing" signs posted along the fence and at the entry to the driveway - however, you and i know that will never stop a witness. my mother justified our approach to the house by saying "as long as we are on the beaten path we are not trespassing," and so we made our way across the 100 meters that comprised the dirt driveway.

about halfway to the house i noticed piles of dried-up dogshit everywhere on the premises. i mean, EVERYWHERE. but given where we were exactly, i didn't give it much thought. as we approached the front door my mother suggested that i take this one, so i pulled the watchtower and awake magazines out of my book bag in preparation and knocked on the door. all seemed well and trivial, however, things were about to take a very abrupt change.

this monster of a man swung open the door violently and just stared at us. he looked like your typical hell's angel, which was very scary and intimidating to my 10 year old jw eyes. there were grease stains scattered across the tattered wifebeater tanktop he was sporting which highlighted the massive beerbelly underneath, and a crusty zz-top beard clung to his jowls. i only got about 6 seconds of my greeting out before he slammed the door shut as quickly as he opened it. i glanced at my mother, and we just shrugged our shoulders. before we could turn around to leave the door flew back open - only this time our bikergang antagonist was wielding a double-barrel shotgun and he pointed it right at us.

"get the FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY" was his reply, and we both turned to leave. my mother grabbed my hand and was repeating "jehovah jehovah jehovah jehovah jehovah jehovah" over and over again as we walked quickly back down the driveway. when we were about 50 meters away from the road he yelled "NOT FAST ENOUGH!" i turned to look and witnessed 2 huge rottweilers bolting out the front door and tearing across the front yard coming right for us. my mother grabbed me by the collar and we ran like mofos to get off the property.

we got out onto the common road well ahead of the dogs, but there was no gate at the end of the driveway, so we ran for the car (which was about 2 houses back in the other direction) hoping not to get mauled by these beasts of satan chasing us. the two dogs reached the end of the driveway and just stopped. to my amazement they did not follow us onto the road, and i heard bikerguy release a deep hearty laugh. yep, he sure showed us. it was everything i could do to keep from falling apart, but i did anyway - which prompted my indoctrinated mother to pray to jehovah in the face of satan's torment. during her prayer i heard her ask jehovah for the strength to go on to the next house, and in my mind i was like "the next fucking house?!?!?" not to be deterred from being strong, loyal servants of jehovah, that's exactly what happened.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

While a few of us teens were out fishing after sunday afternoon FS during summer, one of my mates said "You are not going to believe what I saw."

"What did you see?" One of us said.

"You know that house that had all the cool cars parked in the driveway?" He continued.

"Yeah"

"When Brother So&so was doing the door, the woman at the door only opened the door slightly to pop her head through to talk to him. I happened to be on the side of the door that allowed me to look inside the house. I can see that she was wearing a short silk dressing gown. Man she was hot!. Anyway I happened to see even further inside and there were some people naked in the lounge room having an sex."

"Man, your lucky. Was the much noise? You know, with what they are doing?"

"They had the stereo up loud enough. Brother So&so had trouble hearing her and asked if she was busy entertaining. She said "yes". She then saw me looking inside and smiled at me and she opened the door even more to see inside. Man I couldn't believe what I seen with my own eyes. There were people everywhere in the house naked having sex."

I'll think I'll leave it at that. Man we were jealous of him, he was about the only guy that got to see half naked women at the doors. When we did the territory, I think that most of use guys were trying arrange the doors for us to do the doors that he encountered those glorious visions.

As Robert Palmer said, "Some guys get all the luck."

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    my mother grabbed my hand and was repeating "jehovah jehovah jehovah jehovah jehovah jehovah" over and over again

oh man that got me laughing - I remember doing that myself - Jehovah jehovah jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit