My response to an Elder!

by mavie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

So, when is the meeting? I totally want hear the out come.

• besty
  • sspo
    sspo

I was an elder for 21 years and been on many JM and i well know if we dealt with a situation like yours in raising questions like you did,

we were not equipped to defend or give you an intelligent answer but tell you that the brothers are imperfect and mistakes are made.

A brainwashed mind such as elders are ( as i was also) will only defend the watchtower, that's his job to stay faithful to the GB

and enforce their unscriptural rules. If any individual would continue to argue, we all know the consequences.

I hope all will go well with you

• mavie
    mavie

Thanks sspo,

If they try to divert the meeting away from my questioning I will continually refocus it. I'm tired of my sincere questions being ignored.

• changeling
    changeling

Excellent questions and research mavie. Please don't be surprised if they get swept under the rug by elders with their own agenda.

changeling

• mavie
    mavie

Thanks changeling. At this point it's all about taking control of the meeting. No more rolling over and playing good dub.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

its going to come down to 'Do you believe that this is God's spirit directed organization?' or some such nonesensical bullshit question in response to your questions.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Mavie,

There should be a lifesize bronze statue of you somewhere. Please post the outcome of this meeting.

• mavie
    mavie

His response! What to do now!!! I can't record it and I won't be allowed to see the private 'policy' outlining why!!! My everlasting life is at stake!!!!!

Mavie:

Thank you for getting back to us. We will meet you at 8:00 A.M. on Sunday December xxxx at the Kingdom Hall in (city name). As we told you earlier no tape-recording devices are allowed. That "policy" as you call it is not available for you to review.

Elder 1

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I'd ask why you cannot see the policy. Ask for a copy with non-related material blocked out so confidentiality can be preserved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit