Unmarried and pregnant by JW

by Valrose 37 Replies latest social relationships

• Valrose
    Valrose

My boyfriend was a JW for most of his life, he is no longer participating in the religion. We are not married and I'm now pregnant. Does any one know and can advise me what I can expect from his parents once they find out? His parents are still very devoted JW. I don't have a relationship with them since they like to pretend that I don't exist and I'm not part of their son's life.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

they will not be pleased but they will try and offer you a bible study so you can convert to JW and then they will see lots of their grand child

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I bullshit you not - that is exactly what they will try and do

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

And if you respond positively, even a little, then the Love-Bombs will start dropping.

Fake Bastards.

• DJK
    DJK

I agree with Stilla and if you don't study, they'll have nothing to do with you.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Unless his parents are VERY LIBERAL JW's . . (not many of those) . . . . The other posters speak the truth.

I wish the best for you and your boyfriend and child.

But you never know, a good slap in the face from reality has had positive effects on some JW's.

Stick around, we have lots of folks more qualified than I to offer you advice.

Oh, and welcome to our little forum.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Was your boyfriend baptized?

• Warlock
    Warlock

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Warlock

• oompa
    oompa
    Sooner: Fake Bastards

Now Now Sooner, these parents may start love bombing, and want her to study, but they may be just like my very REAL and SINCERE JW's just like there are tons of good decent people in many other religions.

Now wecome Valorose and Congratulations! Most people here have pretty strong anti-JW opinions and so do I. But there really are some great people there, it's just that they are what I call true Primitive Christians.....like they want to be what Christians were right when Christianity started, and that everyone else is pretty much going to be destroyed by God....which is just what Muslims think (without the Christianity part). You probably already have learned a bit from your boyfriend, and he knows what they will do more that us. Hopefully, no matter what you do, they will understand you have your own thoughts on life/God, and you could even ask them to respect that! As long as you are not ANTI-JW they should treat you and you child great...............oompa

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit