Where is the most non-religous place to live in the world? Really.....

by oompa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

not Antartica or some deserted Island. But what coutry or area has virtually NO religion? Any ideas?.....now I will google.....oompa

I did find this interesting, and very reasonalbe as to why.....

least religious countries

Much of Northern Europe

from the note:

The survey concluded that "high levels of organic atheism are strongly correlated with high levels of societal health, such as low homicide rates, low poverty rates, low infant mortality rates, and low illiteracy rates, as well as high levels of educational attainment, per capita income, and gender equality. Most nations characterized by high degrees of individual and societal security have the highest rates of organic atheism, and conversely, nations characterized by low degrees of individual and societal security have the lowest rates of organic atheism. In some societies, particularly Europe , atheism is growing. However, throughout much of the world – particularly nations with high birth rates – atheism is barely discernable."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Scandanavia?

• oompa
    oompa

NVR you nailed it....I found a better list which was in Time magazine not too long ago and the reason which I added to my original post makes me want to move. If you have friends, want nearly nothing, then you dont need religion, or even think god exists.....that seems to come with good old contentment in life.............oompa

Scandinavia taking 3 of the top 4 spots…

The top 10:
    1. Sweden (up to 85% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)
    2. Vietnam
    3. Denmark
    4. Norway
    5. Japan
    6. Czech Republic
    7. Finland
    8. France
    9. South Korea
    10. Estonia (up to 49% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)

• avengers
    avengers

As far as I know Sweden has the least amount of religion in the whole world.

Low crime rate, high level standard of living, Lots of space, nature, lakes, mountains, but

it seems to have a very cold climate. I have always wanted to go to Sweden. Who knows one day.

Andy.

• wednesday
    wednesday

oom

• wednesday
    wednesday

could not edit last post,

where in the us?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

2 places I can think of. Tofino on the west coast of British Columbia. People go there just to see the storms make landfall. Not much religion there, just people who want some escape.

The other? Hell I believe is in the Dominican Republic (seriously). Nothing but atheists in Hell-well maybe a few hundred lawyers, too.

• orbison11
    orbison11

ah yes, wtraveller,,i have been to tofino,,beautiful in winter and summer,,,,in winter folds down to a few residents,,,,

orb

• penny2
    penny2

Aussies are pretty relaxed about religion. Although most claim to belong to a religion, they don't take it too seriously.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would love to live there.

seems as close to paradise in my mind.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit