Holiday Greetings

by searcher 6 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all . . . and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make the EU great (not to imply that the EU is necessarily greater than any other region), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or choice of computer platform.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law. It is also revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

(best I've ever seen )

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am still offended, I don't know why but it seems to be the popular thing to be now. Since I am of Celtic decent you left out a gaylic holiday greeting thus showing historical and cultural insensitivity.

• searcher
    searcher

Ah, so sorry, I thought a post that mentioned Gay Licking might get deleted

• Priest73
    Priest73

I think three drops of pee came out (laughing so hard) when I read that last part...

• BrentR
    BrentR
    a post that mentioned Gay Licking might get deleted

Quite possibly or even turn into a raging forum storm with many casualties and property damage.

I mis-spelled it, yet another reason for me to refrain from posting after 11:00 PM.

(gaelic)

• bem
    bem

I'll never know how to be politically correct, Wal-Mart in our area workjers no longer say "have a Merry Christmas" or even" Happy Holidays", which they used to require their checkers <clerks that check you out when the purchase is made) and neither the door greeters <> one of the few icons left from Sam Walton's days as W-M owner) . SO to PULL in people who are offended by this a rival store has a big 'ole sign up in front of their store. sign has written on it We still say Merry Christmas

another thing I notice a lot of in yards are signs that have the words "Christmas is a Birthday"

Feliz Navidad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GsfJzbI1O0&feature=related Jose Faliciano singing Feliz Navidad on this greeting.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Lois and Peter Griffin are LOL@ gaylick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit