The Jesus bed connection.

by alanejackson 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alanejackson
    alanejackson

This holiday, think and remember. Before the word sleep became part of our vocabulary, the word dead was used, meaning not conscious. The word dead covered all the conditions for being found not conscious. People 2000 years ago, not yet having the word sleep, would have described what the carpenter Jesus was doing as raising the dead. With hindsight, through the study of history, we can now see and understand that Jesus was raising the sleeping, by giving them beds. The manger, praying before going to bed, and the spread of furniture with Christianity, all points to Jesus being responsible mass utilization of the bed, in the same way Henry Ford is famous for the automobile. Jesus was not first with the invention of the bed, but he was first to realize everyone needs to sleep up off the ground. In this way, Jesus gave us life more abundant, much more healthier.

Alan

Search + Share ~ Magnetrition

http://www.angelfire.com/nj/alanejackson/index.html

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Clayton Woodworth lives!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm bumping this because it is one of the funniest things I've read in a long while.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

THANK YA JESUS FOR MY SERTA...........................................

• journey-on
    journey-on

Praise the lord for my Tempur-Pedic!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

And the LORD said it was good and the waterbed came to be.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

waterbed, nothin'! I have that memory foam mattress. Man, there is nothing like that for comfy sleep. Shout it out: thank you Jesus!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Great carpenter alright. And according to the movie "Passion of the Christ" he also invented the table.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A curse on all your futons!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

haha - made me laugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit