Audio watertowers / Awakes to go online (MP3)

by dozy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I await the details of the proposal, but at present the WT spends relatively large amounts on audio versions for the blind. Those people will not be the ones downloading material . I would guess that the Secretary or someone delegated by him will have the job of downloading and making copies (normal copyright will be blind eyed) to supply to those who need it - at the congregation's expense rather than The Organization paying. They know they rarely get the money in donations

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I read the letter on the K H noticeboard last Sunday, too bad that we were not early enough for me secretly photo copy it on their copier , then I would have posted it up.

It said what we expected, that audio versions will appear on line. The elders said that they now expect to make copies for the ones who would otherwise have subscribed to audio mags..At their own expense rather than The Society's expense

• Neo
    Neo

Bethel confirmation that from 2008 anyone can download the JW & public editions of the WT online in audio from the JW website.

Lots of JWs already get the tapes or CDs from the cong - now the encouragement is that they will download them from the Net. MP3 & other formats will be available. Could this be another step towards the printed editions being published online

This is BIG NEWS. When I first heard of this audio edition download, I thought it would be limited-access only. But now anyone will be able to listen to the "JW" Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit