I need a simplified explanation...

by XOCO 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sspo
    sspo

Besides what the bible says if you do your own reseach how the Romans used to execute criminals, you will find

that it points toward the cross and not the stake.

The watchtower has made sure that everything that is "christian" they have associated with paganism and unholy.

• carla
    carla

jw's have it all messed up anyway, Christians do not 'worship' the cross.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ok my mind is drawing a blank......... but i was told in the bible......kj probably... it mentions the sign they put on jesus cross......... and the way they described the postioning of it was.......... the sign was put "ABOVE HIS SHOULDERS" if he was done in on a stake............ they woulda said above his hands.

i cannot remember what scripture he said it was tho.............. anybody?

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Matthew 27:37 (New International Version)

37 Above his head they placed the written charge against him: THIS IS JESUS, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Good point, it doesn't say "hands"

However as a Christian I think this whole argument is silly. I don't worship a cross or venerate it, or any such thing. The important fact is what Jesus did in dieing for me, not the exact shape of the piece of wood.

• dovie
    dovie

They must mean two hands and two feet as plural.

• dovie
    dovie

It isn't that the cross is pagan it is just that time when the stake was used during those earlydays before the Constaintine. You can read about in the history of Constantine and his collection of all faiths even pagan to make his empire of the catholics christian, so they deceive us which is the satan great hope to confuse us, then we won't hear the call of our LORD JEVOVAH.

• dovie
    dovie

Jesus being put on astake isn't thepicture but he hung there before his father to give us a second chance to live forever in his rule of the planet earth, and wants his father name know.

• OBVES
    OBVES

How Jesus died ? Is it important or not ? The most important thimg to know is :

he died on a cross and now how that cross looked like is a question of further deliberation.

Jesus was the final word of God in some sense as he was made a mediator of the New Testament and took the lowest place as God's servant . He was the last ! The last letter in the Hebrew is Tau : t - it resmbled in the old Hebrew a sign of a cross.And because of that it was fitting he died on a cross . If we put a pole and imagine a man hanging on it down and consider the inscription sign ( like a crossing bar ) above the head of the hanging person we see the shape of cross. If you don't agree with that you can add a crossing bar on which Jesus hands were stretched and yet we both can say Jesus died on a cross.

And we can see now it is not important how the cross was looking like .In both cases we see a cross.Jesus died on a cross in both cases.

• sspo
    sspo

Just watching the History channel ( torture devices)y brought out that the

Romans started using the cross as a killing instrument in the fourth century before Christ

and interstingly they mentioned Jesus died on a cross.

• XOCO
    XOCO
    I don't think you can get too far with this one. There are imaginable scenarios in which a person could be secured to a stake using four nails.

i'm gonna have to agree with u on this one, their is so many possibilities and different facts that can be trace to archaeology/paleontology and such. it just kind of got out of hand for me and time consuming. i just thought it was really interesting to look at it. But i really appreciated all the posts and da links ppl put up 4 me

thx XOCO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit