Muslems and Jews

by chappy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy

I just saw a short segment on FOX about an incident this afternoon on the NY subway. A Jewish couple were getting on the train when a group of about 10 others were telling everyone in the car "Merry Christmas!" The Jewish couple replied "And Happy Haunikka to You!" One of the guys in the "Christmas group" replied "You're part of that group of SOB's that killed Christ!" Several of them then proceeded to literally beat the crap out of the two Jews. No one on the train, (including other Jews) interferred or helped as the two were getting the hell beat out of them; until one lone Muslem guy jumped in and helped fight them off the two, getting two black eyes and numerous other facial injuries for his trouble. "All I saw was two fellow New Yorkers, human beings, who needed help" he said. Wow, one lone Muslem, helping fight off a mob of Christians who were attacking Jews! This made me feel good.

chappy

• avishai
    avishai

That's Awsome

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Pardon my ignorance chappy, but how could you tell what their religions were?

Were they wearing special clothing or regalia?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I don't mean you personally. I just mean how are peoples religion so obvious to the reporters, citizens etc. ?

• chappy
    chappy

They were interviewed on camera...cuts, black eyes and all. The Muslim guy was standing between the Jewish couple and they both had their arms around his shoulders during the interview. I'll check and see if I can find the segment on the net somewhere. Many news segments are posted somewhere and if I can find it I'll put it in this thread.

chappy

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Wow, another story about religious intolerance-and no one killed this time!

• chappy
    chappy

I couldn't find a link to the video but here's the link to a brief print article...BTW I said there were two Jews involved; this article says there were four.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Dec12/0,4670,HanukkahAttackHelper,00.html

chappy

• Trygon
    Trygon

Its good to see Muslims doing good in the world to make up for the actions of their extermist counterparts.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

It's a horrifying thing when human decency is subjugated to a belief system. And a beautiful thing when human decency transcends it. That story demonstrates both. Great lesson for everyone.

Cog

• Dansk
    Dansk

For anyone to get involved these days is almost unheard of. Great stuff!

Trygon:

Its good to see Muslims doing good in the world to make up for the actions of their extermist counterparts.

I see you're having another sideswipe at Muslims. You don't mention any condemnation of the "Christian" mob who attacked the Jews - oh, but you're "Christian" aren't you!

As you mentioned on another thread, you ARE in real danger of becoming a Nazi. Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit