What is it about xmas that brings all the jdubs out of the cracks??

by student1 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• student1
    student1

So tonight I recieved a few phone calls that have done nothing to lighten my already heavy mood...

I am starting to think that disfellowshipping is a way to protect us (the ex dubs) from them (the deluded existing jdubs!) (joke!)

Firstly my mother phones me... she asks me about my plans for xmas holiday and it is clear to her that I am celebrating the holiday (with my friends family naturally as I dont have my own family to celebrate it with)... while my mother says nothing derogatory she merely expresses that she would like to see me for lunch, the phonecall has weighed heavy on my mind this evening..

Later this evening a real blast from the past phoned me, he is still a Jdub I told him I am happy to catch up - talk about my job, my house, friends whatever but not jdubs.. anyway he wouldnt leave the subject alone and was intent on faulting my arguements against the cult with the most ludicrous of logic.. he asked me about the meaning of life and I replied that the meaning of life is to live it and not to spend all ones time annoying others by knocking on their door, studying books written by one group only and sitting at meetings!!

I am now having to turn off my phone to avoid his calls.. WHY DOES IT MATTER SO MUCH WHAT I BELIEVE??? I am happy to die without a silly hope?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I think even they can't help but be affected by the spirit in the air right now. All the family commercials, etc don't help. And this is a good time to stress to us heathens that we are misguided and to guide us back to the Lord, oh, I mean the Hall.

Hang in there!

momzcrazy

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Be aware too that if you've faded for a while you might get a couple of elders poking around near Christmas trying to catch you doing something pagan.

Then they can DF you and get the CO off their backs.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Well my mum just came over and told me her and my MIL had been to see the elders and they can't speak to me or hubby any more. I have just been bawling my eyes out for the last hour. She still wants to see my kids though.

Maybe they are having a bit of a push to "bring us back into the fold"?

• evita
    evita

So sorry Aphrodite. I went through this with my mother and it was very painful to deal with. We went through many ups and downs before she passed away. But I never regretted leaving the witnesses and gaining my freedom. Just keep letting "the moms" know you love them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think in this case, it has nothing to do with Christmas. I think the hounder-hounder was visiting your congregation a short time ago, and wanted to do some housekeeping. So, they start hounding people that have been left alone for some time now and will not leave you alone until you start going back and doing everything they want. And it will continue because it is never enough.

If it is the Witlesses going to worldly people's door or reactivating inactives, they are opportunists. Jesus is on people's minds this time of year because they are getting ready to celebrate his birth. Some people only go to church on Christmas Eve and Easter. Plus, people are going to be home on Christmas Day that are almost impossible to catch any other time of year. And the Witlesses have to make sure they hound those people. They do not give a fxxx how much they disrupt the celebration of the most sacred event of the whole year. All they want is to get people into their cult, at all costs.

• Trygon
    Trygon

What is it about xmas that brings all the jdubs out of the cracks??

The bountiful supply of leftovers out back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit