Why is door to door the only preaching the "good news"?

by bluesapphire 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

fwiw, for the first 5 decades of the WTS, the vast majority of JWs (of course, Bible Students as they were then known), did not go door-to-door. It was Rutherford who "expanded the call to arms," as it were.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Jw facts- that was awesome!!!! You know it's a funny thing...when I discussed with my mom this topic many points you brought I had noticed myself. First of all, I have been preached to by mormons on several occasions. They are especially dominant in latin countries. In fact I know many Mormons. Then the whole increase only among witnesses is such a fallacy. There are literally thousands and thousands of people converting to anything except catholicism over here. In fact they are making a killing apparently because many old movie theatres and historical buildings are being converted into evengelical churches. I find it so frustrating trying to point out the obvious with JW's though. It's like their mind just goes blank.....

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

O.k. I forgot one more thing. Effectiveness...Exactly...If you really want to speak to people about the bible and find a listening ear, than preach informally. That's so much more effective than door to door. I find door to door preaching so rude. You don't know how many times my babies have been asleep and I've had to open the door to a JW or a mormon and I've wanted to strangle them....I mean seriously, what is the point there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit