Led Zepplin concert videos

by BrentR 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• BrentR
    BrentR

Better catch these bootlegged videos before Youtube pulls them.

Stairway to heaven

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3G_JTMuHOQk

Kashmir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZxukPZ0pjA&NR=1

• juni
    juni

strange that you would post this.... I was just listening to Stairway to Heaven today.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Now we have a very recent version to hear!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Sweet, thanks for sharing that. I assumed that there wouldn't be any videos up anywhere so I haven't looked.

Here's Good Times Bad Times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsHcUwtw5H0&NR=1

I'll never grow tired of Led Zeppelin.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Cool! I missed that one, thanks for posting it!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks for posting
    20 million people trying for 16-18,000 tickets!!!!
    Can't imagine one of the people lucky enough to be there.
    Great write up in Rolling Stone mag this week on them
    purps

edited to add

Led Zeppelin Reunion
    Led Zeppelin Roundup: Backstage and Beyond

12/11/07, 5:39 pm EST

By now you’ve probably read about what happened onstage during Led Zeppelin’s show last night, but else happened at the concert of the year? For one, Pete Townshend, despite reports to the contrary, did not perform: “I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing,” Townshend wrote on his blog. “They really don’t need me.” Many in the audience probably wished the other openers had taken Townshend’s stance, but they gave a polite reception to the other acts.

The show began with a prog-rock supergroup composed of Yes bassist Chris Squire, Yes drummer Alan White, Emerson and Lake and Palmer’s keyboardist Keith Emerson, doing a progged-out version of Aaron Copeland’s “Fanfare For The Common Man.” Former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman took the stage next with his longtime group The Rhythm Kings, serving as the house band for the remaining openers. Paul Rodgers performed joined them for “All Right Now” and Foreigner’s Mick Jones came out for “I Want To Know What Love Is.” All of the acts had been signed by the late Atlantic Records co-founder Ertegun, and Robert Plant made sure that the audience didn’t forget it, announcing “Ahmet, we did it!” after Zeppelin performed “Stairway to Heaven.”
    Backstage at the main gig was one gigantic A-list conclave, featuring Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, David Gilmour, Dave Grohl, Marilyn Manson, Priscilla Presley, Lisa Marie Presley, Michael J. Fox, Pink, Juliette Lewis, Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher and Steve Winwood. After the show, VIP’s headed over to the nearby Club Indigo to check out a post-show featuring soul stars Solomon Burke, Ben E. King, Percy Sledge and Sam Moore. The club was jam packed, and even the most intrepid of reporters didn’t manage to get in.

If that weren’t validation enough for Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, the reviews have been almost universally positive. Here’s a small sampling: (more…)

* “Some of the top of [Robert Plant]’s voice has gone, but except for one attempted and failed high note in “Stairway to Heaven” (“there walks a la-dy we all know”), he found other melodic routes to suit him. He was authoritative; he was dignified.” (The New York Times)
    * “The finale of “Whole Lotta Love,” played as the first of two encores, was as raw and mesmerizing as ever.” (Los Angeles Times)
    * “The riff that powers In My Time Of Dying is authentically churning and queasy, Ramble On sounds not like a song that’s been brought out of mothballs for a benefit concert but wrigglingly, obscenely alive.” (The Guardian UK)
    * “By Dazed And Confused (all 26 minutes of it), Page was at his most avant-garde, attacking his guitar with a violin bow, but on Kashmir, unleashing the Zeppelin riff of Zeppelin riffs, he was almost inhumanly exciting. It was like watching a man invent electricity. One oft-repeated Seventies myth suggested Page’s prowess came as a result of a pact with the devil. Superstitious nonsense of course, but sometimes you wonder.” (The Evening Standard)
    * “Page may no longer swagger across the stage, his guitar worn low like a gunslinger as he churns out riffs. And Plant can’t scram and strut like he did in his rock god heyday. But the awesome power and majesty of the music was undiminished.” (The Daily News)
    * “Bonham’s volcanic fills on Nobody’s Fault But Mine confirmed that there are some things that can be transmitted only through DNA.” (The Times UK)

• purplesofa
  • flipper
    flipper

PURPS- Thanks for the commentary from Rolling Stone mag. In my opinion, the greatest rock group ever , right up there with the Beatles, probably better! They wre my favorite band growing up, and still are !

BRENT R- I saved the u-tube on my favorites of them performing Kashmir and Stairway to Heaven. I actually got tears in my eyes watching them perform Stairway . I've collected music since I was 13 and get sentimental seeing these older performers (60) come back and sound still as good as in their heyday. It certainly brings back youthful memories ! I hope they go on tour they are great with Jason Bonham, John's son. I also hope they cut a new album ! I remain a dedicated fan ! LONG LIVE THE ALMIGHTY ZEP ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper May they have the thunder of the Gods and continue recording and performing !!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for posting this, Brent.

They were better than ever.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I fiqured that would be as close to being there as most of would ever get. Even if they went on tour we could not afford the scalped tickets that the brokers would scoop up via software. As long as they are allowed to do that alot us of will be going to fewer concerts now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit