The CULT and Mind Control...Lurkers and active JWs welcome

by nomoreguilt 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Reniaa,

The governing body of jehovahs-witness.com is becoming concerned at the seeming lack of rage against JW's you have been expressing recently. Have you been reading any JW literature? Do you think perhaps your associations outside of the forum are questionable in wholesomeness? Do all the people you choose to associate with, hate JWs as much as they should? Have you kept up in your study of Apostate literature, and researched and meditated on what you learned?

I think it would be good for Belzebub and I to come over for a goatherding call sometime soon so we can talk about your progress as an apostate and child of Satan. It is our job to ensure our flock has "sarcasm and spite at the proper time".

Would you welcome such a visit?

With Apostate rage and irrationality,

Bring_the_Light

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Damn, I remember that permafrost article. I was so proud that I had built up that level of defense for my brain. That's me, I thought- permafrosted and happy!

• oompa
    oompa

reniaa...you totally missed the point somehow about the painting thing.....it refers to any painting of Jesus H. Christ....trust me, you will never find one in any jw home....only the jw art department has any idea of what he looked like...and only they are commissioned by god to paint his image.............oompa

• oompa
    oompa
    reniaa: The mindcontrol talked about on this forum is found in all beliefs structures I find,

ALL BELIEF STRUCTURES?????.....hell no it is not.....there are belief structures that are based only on science, or the beauty of the world, and some that are not based on belief in a higher entity....and Unitarians and MANY other belief systems like Taoism do NOT do mind control! so na na na-naaaa na....you are just flat out wrong on this point. Part of mindcontrol is that there are penalties in place if you start trying to control your own mind....as in asking questions and looking for answers, or worse, expressing your on true belief on a matter that does not agree with those in the power positions (FDS for JW). What happens then? Well, just as printed in last years KM...you are told to use "only wt publications" when doing research on biblical topics, geeze if that does not smack of an attempt to totally control minds then i dont know what is. And if you do express your real thoughts...you get progressive labeling and increased penalties :

1. he's "weak"

2 he misses lot of meetings

2.b. he is "irregular"

2.c. he is "inactive"

3. he is "bad association"

4. i "marked" him a long time ago

5. they took his "privleges" away

6. he is "borderline apostate"

7. really, well i will shun him too

8. (so keep speaking your real honest opinion that does not agree with the FDS)....and now you are Disfellowshipped!....for being an apostate....just because you may not agree on ONE thing! Full compliance is mandatory....unless you keep your mouth shut.....believe what you want, but just dont tell anybody.

• oompa
    oompa
    reniaa: question someone on why they celebrate christmas when its not jesus's birthday the best answer you will get is "Everyone does it so i should too" or "I do it for my kids"

If you want more, you might have to preface the question with "I am looking for biblical or philosophical answer to the question about Christmas"....ya...that sounds like fun!....I only wish they would answer you back with "Why do call God Jehovah when everyone knows that is not even his real name?"...lol...........i think doing it for your kids is a GREAT answer....geeze what a fun day that must be! I wish most would just answer WTF?....don't you know that it is just a long standing custom here?....and a great time to be with family, have a good time, and share some presents with those you love........ya....i like that.........oompa

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One of the greatest aspects of JW mind control is the very real threat of expulsion and shunning.

This is far more significant than excommunication, as practiced by various other churches. JW explusion and shunning is not merely being cut off from the church. It ends ties with friends and family, outside the sphere of church activities. For example, if Bob Roberts is excommunicated from the Catholic Church, Bob remains a full member of the Roberts family. However, if Brother Brown is disfellowshipped from the JWs, he will also cease (in all reality) to be a full member of the Brown family, if they are JWs. He will be treated worse than a convicted criminal or a stranger and he may even be treated as worse than dead.)

This threat of expulsion and shunning translates into spiritual and emotional blackmail, as the cult member believes his eternal salvation is linked to the organization. Moreover, his very social structure and loved family members are dangled before him as an inducement to remain in the cult. The impact this has on the mind of the cult member is hard to overestimate.

This is not a feature of most Christian denominations. It is unique to high-control, authoritarian groups and to destructive cults.

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit