30 years a WT slave

by larc 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Outlaw,

This is a recent picture of Fred:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• one
    one

The Judge also demanded Jesus and Adam to shave retroactively... see "pictures" of Jesus and Adam on books from the 50' and 60'.

do you know what kind of pressure he put on them to comply?

really i was told facial hair was due to sin and imperfection.

btw room215
    i was told that they us presidente just before Kennedy was a jw at one time, his fathers even were annointed.

• larc
    larc

Room 215,

You are right. Schnell thought the religion and the traditions of Russell were far better. Schnell admits getting sucked into the organizational furvor and not realizing that he had lost sight of his own Christianity until 1951.

One,

Eisenhower's mother was a witness. Obviously, he was not as he entered West Point at a young age, something that a witness, even back then, would never do.

• badwillie
    badwillie

I have a letter from the WTS explaining the OFFICIAL beards policy.
    It is on WT letterhead. So this should put this subject to rest.
    I will scan it later tonight and load it onto this thread.
    - BadWillie (Badder than ever!)

• Satanus
    Satanus

badwillie

Looking forward to that wt letter. May i ask what are the steps to load a picture from your computer to this board?

Thanks
    SS

• badwillie
    badwillie

SS -
    If you already have the picture scanned in, then you should be able to simply cut and paste into the body of your post or email.
    If it isn't workning maybe Simon could help. He seems like a helpful, friendly chap!

• Satanus
    Satanus

BW

Doesn't work for me, but thanks.

• larc
    larc

BadWillie,

You said you had an official WT letter for us regarding beards. I sure would like to see it. However, I really don't care what they say. They can make up reasons for anything, as we are all well aware. As several have commented, Schnell's explaination has a ring of truth to it. It was a political reason on Rutherford's part, not a religious one. Rutherfore was, after all, a crafty political animal.
    nyt, oh zealous one, where is your explaination?

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy - and about the "beard thing,"

My husband has a facial skin irritation and when he shaves repeatedly, he bleeds and it scabs, is scratchy and looks like crap.

However, since he keeps a short beard - no problems. I told the young jw who works with me about this and his excited comment to me:

"He should get a doctor's statement and give it to the elders. Then they wouldn't think he was rebellious and let him back on the school again....." He saw the look on my face and shut up.

The reason Schnell gave seems to make good, common sense. Just politics and a way to make people conform to ever-tightening rules.

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Larc,
    Thanks for the info from the book.

It's an embarrassment to me that I followed such a controlling group so easily and 'happily' for so long. What was I thinking ????

No beards, no good reasons,just do it or else! Duh!

Oh well, lotsa folks did that and other such follies. At least we're recovering(ed).

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit