Science v Creationism

by Mr Ben 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The kind of creationism that is attacking the science curriculum in the USA ...

The creationism garbage theory being pushed in schools does not even get close to being an attack on biological sciences, and it has gathered some strength only because of the the freedom of religion demands political correctness. It has nothing to do with evidence and science.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The Biotic Message is a science book on the creation-evolution controversy.

The book is pseudo-science, based on faith. There is no substance in it to come close to a controversy. Either you test the phenomena (science) or not. If you choose to believe as supposed as to understand the underlying mechanisms of life, then you remove yourself away from the process of honest discernement and authentic fruitfull questioning.

Have you read it?

Why would I have such useless object in my library? I read the preface you presented. Deficient, ignorant and wishfull-thinking preface.

Tell you what, take a basic course on bacteriology and get the genetic concepts of transfection, transformation and recombination. That will allow you to understand phenomena such a mutation and genetic drift. Then you pick up your book and use discernement this time.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

HS - Excellently quoted out of context. Or is it that you again posted without reading fully? I recommend anyone reading your post to read what I actually said in its full context.

Gerard - Re your comment on the quote about not needing to reconcile the two ways of thinking - I was not including creationism in this, sorry if that wasn't clear. Rather, the "mountain" that does not require facts from the real world includes appreciation of art, love etc. but not creationism.

I quite agree that creationism is not valid at all, but is a pseudoscience. Creationism has set up camp as a pretend science and was and is used to dupe millions of people. It is sufficiently convincing to those in control of the curriculum in some parts of the US that it is taught in the science class. And yes, creationism has nothing to do with real science. But I disagree that it poses no danger to science in the sense that helps to confuse students going through these schools, people in certain religions, and the general public as to the difference between science and pseudoscience. The danger, whilst not directly to science itself, exists indirectly in that creationism being given equal time in the science class probably puts off many people from pursuing the sciences at college. But I get your point, all the creationist garbage in the world will never challenge real science. But for some reason it doesn't stop them trying...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit