Text for Monday, December 10, 2007

by garybuss 9 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is a day text I can agree with in principle.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Gary,

Spit it out.

Brant

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Most of us don't have one. Please share! I like good stuff. It's so rare with them.
  • momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Monday December 10, 2007 - You cannot be partaking of "the table of Jehovah" and the table of demons. - 1 Cor. 10:21.

1 Cor. 10:21.

True Christians keep clear of false worship, rejecting false religious teachings. This means that we avoid exposure to religious programs on radio and television as well as religious literature that promotes lies about God and his Word. (Ps. 119:37) We also wisely refrain from sharing in social functions and recreational activities sponsored any organization associated with false religion. Additionally, we do not support false worship in any way. What if a person who wishes to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses is currently a registered member of a false religion? In most cases, a letter of resignation serves as evidence that a person no longer wants to be viewed as a member of a false religion. The actions of a prospective Witness should make it clear that he has ended that religious affiliation. w 3/15/06 11, 12a

• Gopher
    Gopher

So then -- all JW's who have a conscience should write a DA letter after today's daytext.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Good text,

Gopher, good reasoning.

Brant

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Text

for Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, December 10

You

cannot be partaking of "the table of Jehovah" and the table of demons.—1Cor.10:21.

True Christians keep clear of false worship, rejecting false religious teachings. This means that we avoid exposure to religious programs on radio and television as well as religious literature that promotes lies about God and his Word. (Ps. 119:37) We also wisely refrain from sharing in social functions and recreational activities sponsored by any organization associated with false religion. Additionally, we do not support false worship in any way. What if a person who wishes to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is currently a registered member of a false religion? In most cases, a letter of resignation serves as evidence that a person no longer wants to be viewed as a member of a false religion. The actions of a prospective Witness should make it clear that he has ended that religious affiliation. w3/15/06 11, 12a

Dec.

10Biblereading:Zephaniah1–Haggai2Song78

TwoWomen,TwoCovenantsPaul explained the elements of this "symbolic drama." "These women mean two covenants," he wrote, "the one from Mount Sinai, which brings forth children for slavery, and which is Hagar. . . . She corresponds with the Jerusalem today, for she is in slavery with her children." (Galatians 4:24, 25) Hagar represented literal Israel, with Jerusalem as its capital. The Jewish nation was bound to Jehovah by the Law covenant inaugurated at Mount Sinai. Under the Law covenant, the Israelites were constantly reminded that they were slaves to sin and in need of redemption.—Jeremiah 31:31, 32; Romans 7:14-24.

Whom, then, did "the free woman" Sarah and her son, Isaac, represent? Paul indicated that Sarah, the "barren woman," symbolized God’s wife, the heavenly part of his organization. This heavenly woman was barren in that before Jesus came she had no spirit-anointed "children" on the earth. (Galatians 4:27; Isaiah 54:1-6) However, at Pentecost 33 C.E., holy spirit was poured out on a group of men and women who were thus born again as children of this heavenly woman. The children produced by this organization were adopted as sons of God and became joint heirs with Jesus Christ under a new covenant relationship. (Romans 8:15-17) One of these children, the apostle Paul, could write: "The Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother."—Galatians 4:26.ChildrenoftheWomenAccording to the Bible account, Ishmael persecuted Isaac. In like manner, during the first century C.E., the children of enslaved Jerusalem mocked and persecuted the children of the Jerusalem above. "Just as then the one born in the manner of flesh [Ishmael] began persecuting the one born in the manner of spirit [Isaac], so also now," Paul explained. (Galatians 4:29) When Jesus Christ appeared on earth and began announcing the Kingdom, the Jewish religious leaders behaved just as Hagar’s son Ishmael had behaved toward Abraham’s true heir, Isaac. They mocked and persecuted Jesus Christ, evidently viewing themselves as Abraham’s legitimate heir and Jesus as the intruder.

Shortly before the rulers of natural Israel had him put to death, Jesus said: "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you."—Matthew 23:37, 38.

The inspired record of first-century events shows that the fleshly nation represented by Hagar did not of itself produce sons who would be joint heirs with Jesus. Jews who proudly believed that they had a right to such an inheritance by virtue of their birth were driven out, rejected by Jehovah. Of course, some individual natural Israelites did become joint heirs with Christ. However, that privilege was granted on the basis of their faith in Jesus rather than because of their fleshly descent.

The identity of a number of these joint heirs with Christ became apparent at Pentecost 33 C.E. As time went on, Jehovah anointed others as sons of the Jerusalem above.

Paul’s purpose in explaining this "symbolic drama" was to illustrate the superiority of the new covenant over the Law covenant mediated by Moses. No one could gain God’s favor by works of the Mosaic Law, for all humans are imperfect and the Law simply highlighted their slavery to sin. Yet, as Paul explained, Jesus came that "he might release by purchase those under law." (Galatians 4:4, 5) Hence, faith in the value of Christ’s sacrifice led to freedom from the Law’s condemnation.—Galatians 5:1-6.ValuetoUsWhy should we be interested in Paul’s inspired explanation of this drama? One reason is that it gives us insight into Scriptural meanings that would otherwise have remained obscure. The explanation strengthens our confidence in the unity and harmony of the Bible.—1 Thessalonians 2:13.

Moreover, the realities symbolized by this drama are essential to our future happiness. Were it not for the appearance of "sons" according to God’s promise, our only prospect would be slavery to sin and death. Under the loving supervision of Christ and his fellow heirs of God’s promise to Abraham, however, "all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves." (Genesis 22:18) This will occur when they are forever freed from the effects of sin, imperfection, sorrow, and death. (Isaiah 25:8, 9) What a glorious time that will be![Pictureonpage11]The Law covenant was inaugurated at Mount Sinai[CreditLine]Pictorial Archive (Near Eastern History) Est.[Pictureonpage12]What is the significance of the "symbolic drama" mentioned by the apostle Paul?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    We also wisely refrain from sharing in social functions and recreational activities sponsored any organization associated with false religion.

You mean I have to give up my UN library card?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Me thinks Witnesses have three choices:
    1). They can buy crap like this day text,
    2).They can go crazy.
    3). Or, they have to leave.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's one reason why I don't waste any time reading any litter-ature from the Watchtower Society except to tear it apart and use it to weaken them. I also refuse to take part in any of their boasting sessions in any way. I will not partake in any of their activities, especially field circus. Donating to their Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund is absolutely out of the question. Even their "recreational" activities, wimpy as they are, are not worth going to. They seem to have phased those out, and when they do have a get-together, it has to be kept tiny. I don't feel like playing Bible Trivia with Watchtower interpretations as the answers.

And yes, my activities indicate that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witlesses. I post on apostate boards and read apostate Web sites (the Number One rule of theirs is against this). I own Crisis of Conscience, and have read most of it (I already feel the religion is bogus), and find it a great resource for anyone that is going in or teetering on leaving. I decorated my apartment for Christmas (I couldn't put any outside on the lawn) so people could see the zilliions of lights from the street behind me. I listen to rap and heavy metal music (and Christmas music). Just about the only reason I didn't write the letter is fear that those dodo Witlesses I studied with will, instead of honoring it, will make one last desperate attempt to regain me and take me in as one of their family, throw out the disassociation, and stop me from writing another letter or putting up another Christmas tree or accessing apostate web sites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit