Latest e-mail: A JW "insider's" spin on Bethel expansion

by sir82 27 Replies latest jw friends

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

They have always had more going on at the farms than planting wheat and corn.
    Don't be surprised at hearing about secret storage and bunkers, etc.

Believe that.

I assumed that when I was in. It wasn't a big deal to me, though, because it made sense to have a mini-Bethel that was even more self-contained than Brooklyn operations.

Now that I know they are full of shit, I hope it all crumbles.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
  • sir82
    sir82
    Any one able to enlighten me about who the writers of this letter are? it doesn't sound like an official letter yet you guys quote it as if it were an official letter.

It's an e-mail. It is not a letter. The Society does not send e-mails to persons, "official" or otherwise. It's a personal e-mail from 2 Bethelites that is being spread around.

The subject line reads "latest e-mail". I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a "W" on reading comprehension brother!

• sir82
    sir82

Actually, there hasn't been any "farming" at "Watchtower Farms" for several decades now. It has long since been far more cost-effective to buy the food than produce it.

• sir82
    sir82
    So let me get this straight -- are the downloadable mags only going to be available in audio?

Yes, as MP3 files, beginning January 2008. Go to www.jw.org to get your copy!

Or will they also provide them as a printable document? (i.e. pdf)

No, that was not announced.

But I expect, as printing costs continue to rise, litigation costs spiral out of control, and contributions continue to dry up, that is in their future. I can easily imagine that the "Kool-Aid" version of the WT and/or the Kingdom Ministry being made available as PDFs for download, available only to elders. Then, the elders would be responsible for carrying a hardcopy to Kinkos to make copies for each congregation member. That will save a ton on ink, papaer, and shipping for them.

I expect that to happen in 3-5 years.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Don't be surprised at hearing about secret storage and bunkers, etc.

Believe that.

I assumed that when I was in. It wasn't a big deal to me, though, because it made sense to have a mini-Bethel that was even more self-contained than Brooklyn operations.

Now that I know they are full of shit, I hope it all crumbles.

Don't get your hopes up. The only "secrets" at Wallkill are the many filing cabinets full of the personal details of the people working there. The only "bunkers" are actually cellars full of apples, sweet potatoes, potatoes, and other boring vegetables. Wallkill isn't very self-contained, although it should be. Reliance on the outside world for food, power, water, and other necessities demonstrates reliance on Jehovah. THe self-reliance mentality was there at the begining of Wallkills founding, but has long since dissapeared with cheap foods from Sysco, coming in by truck loads weekly.

• inkling
    inkling
    Actually, there hasn't been any "farming" at "Watchtower Farms" for several decades now.

But there seems to be just enough farming going on in the background to qualify for farming tax breaks!

[inkling]

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Here is the chance for all of you to apply as temporary [unpaid] workers!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit