Book

by bite me 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

Trying to 'show' why someone belief is wrong is a waste of time in my opinion, and here is my reason...

You are in effect saying..hey your deluded, I am smarter than you, (and if they have been a JW or any other religion all their life) hey you have wasted your whole life on a lie.

However you sugar coat it you are questioning someone core reason for existing, I really do think that until someone start to question it themselves you are banging your head against a brick wall.

The only way i have seen is ( and only work if you are still a JW ) is to ask a question, that they themselves won't know that will lead them to hopefully to researching themselves, and kind of direct...hey look the WT is wrong here, or this fact they claim is wrong, is just gonna as already stated put the barriers up.

You are not dealing with evidence or reason when you deal with religious belief, you are dealing with emotion, and ...i think you need to wait until they question it themselves.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure it is like fishing. Throw in the baited hook and wait for them to bite. If I wander across a JW on the internet, I just say, "I have reservations". A Witness afraid of hearing what I have to say will quickly change the subject. If he really is curious, however, he'll bite. I'll then bring up ONE THING I have a problem with and I won't let go until it's been discussed thoroughly.

I refuse to be dragged in to other arguments say, like the Trinity or pagan origins. Let them deal with my reservations first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit