How long it took you to find out

by one 13 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi One,

I stayed until the fear of leaving was less than the pain of staying. Looking back, I crossed that line and crossed back for years. The disconfirmation of 1975 didn’t bother me as much as the lies that followed. The lies angered me and gave me the courage, by way of anger, to look at other things I had been ignoring.

I had my clash at a district assembly over a perfectly good, working candy vending machine with a hand lettered paper “Out Of Order” sign taped to it. I dropped a dime and two assembly cops belly pushed me away from the machine and out the Watch Tower Corporation door. Best favor they ever did for me.

The sign was a lie. To me it represented them and the way they do business. I was fed up and I never returned as the same person.

gb

• open_mind
    open_mind

One......

I really wish I hadn't gotten wet, but at the time it seemed more complicated than not just doing it. My study guide (who was an elder) was also my boss. Things were really complicated......but they became clear, and the good lord gave me a way out!

Things are good now..............

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

from the time I realized the 607 date was wrong until I actually handed in my lette of DA, 1 year. From age 17-18,

• sleepy
    sleepy

I think I realise now that I never belived much of it in the first place.
    I wouln't be supprised if most JW's don't belive everything that is taught but just hope that things will eventualy be sorted out.
    It's difficult for me to place a time but I would say that in the mid 90's I started to thing if the big A not coming soon it carnt be ever coming.
    Also I began to realise how bad the reasoning used in the publications and by many brothers was.

But the final straw was the Daniel book.It was at that time that I made my mind up.But I cotinued to give them a chance.
    I couldn't belive what I was reading .
    My last meeting was when we did the watchtower that said not to harbor private ideas as to bible understanding.
    I wanted to walk out but I was on the sound desk so I had to wait untill the end.
    I couldn't belive how everyone just excepted what they had just read.
    Could I be the only one in the entire hall to be exasperated at what I had just seen in the watchtower?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit