Pictures from a KH quick build in Norway

by kifoy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• kifoy
    kifoy

So, I was just googling around, waiting for the forum to update (no, not addicted – I think )

I found a web-site with a lot of pictures from a KH quick build in Norway in 2005. I was not there of course, but I sure recognised a few former acquaintances.

So, I thought I should share with you guys, if you would like to see how Norwegian quick builds look like:

The main site
    Pictures starting here
    The 3-day-work starting here

Small dictionary to get you started:
    Rikets Sal = Kingdom Hall
    Fredag = Friday
    Lørdag = Saturday
    Søndag = Sunday
    Formiddag = Morning (forenoon)
    Ettermiddag = Afternoon
    Salen i bruk = The Hall in use
    Bilder fra Valdres = Pictures from Valdres (the area where the Hall was built)

Enjoy

kifoy

• kifoy
    kifoy

bttt

• Mum
    Mum

Kingdom Halls in Norway have windows? Or is this one an aberration? The architecture looks almost as uninspired as it is for U.S. KH's. Regards, SandraC

• kifoy
    kifoy

All KH in Norway look very much like this one (at least the quick builds, and the site says that this spesific hall was qb no. 87 in Norway).
    Wooden houses -- with windows. I don't know of any hall that hasn't got windows. Maybe if the hall is part of a larger building (in town), but even then there usually are some small windows.

kifoy

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ahh that makes me sad. I see a bunch of nice kind hearted brothers happily being exploited.

• kifoy
    kifoy
    Ahh that makes me sad. I see a bunch of nice kind hearted brothers happily being exploited.

On the other hand... I think they enjoy this a lot more than the FS and the meetings.
    The only downside is that the sisters are not wearing as sexy outfit as they use to wear at the assemblys
    Or... well, it depends on the weather, I guess

kifoy

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Wow, what a beautiful spot, too bad they had to ugly it up with a KH.

• kifoy
    kifoy

Hehe. Found a funny KH picture from Sweden:

http://www.skrattnet.se/media/bild.php?sub=144&id=1582

Someone has changed the order of the letters in "Rikets Sal" to "Skitarsle" ("Skitarsle" in English is something like: "Sh*t ar$e")

kifoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit