letters

by uncle_onion 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Hi UO, I think you said that the elders were on to you following the letters. Any developments?

ISP

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I do know that the letters that you send to people (especially elders) are read. I don't think anything really sinks in though. I think they are only reading it for some kind of slip-up, an evidence of apostasy.

The letter I wrote (Brother X) was never sent. It was meant to be a farewell piece that would hopefully reach someone, but then someone helped me see it would be better to fade away.

I have written several other letters that were sent and although they don't have any striking impact that one would hope, I know that they have chipped away at the confidence of some.

There is alot of gossip about me too, but then I think we all gossipped a little when we were on the inside. Always be pleasant and choose your words carefully. There's a time and place for everything and one day many will kick themselves for not having really thought about what you were trying to tell them.

Path

• Richie
    Richie

Uncle Union,

I just scanned through the information you presented in the letter with bewilderment and utter amazement!! This is exactly what I have been waiting for: to receive a chronology of Society's thinking before and after showing the perpetual changes which are the reasons why I finally left that Organization for good!! It's a masterpiece of studious accomplishment to have it presented in that perfect order, allowing the Society and its adherents with no excuse whatsoever to set things straight again!

Many thanks Uncle Onion for the hard work!

:*) Richie

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

OUCH! You know your stuff! Your brother-in-law's subconscious has oodles to think on now. good luck!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Excellent post, pal.
    That was some work that you've put in. I can see many (myself included) doing a cut'n'paste on it.
    Any copyright infringement involved?
    Want your name attached to the bottom (or perhaps in flashing lights)?

Thanks again.

LT

• Richie
    Richie

Uncle Onion,
    I really hope that the letter you composed will be read with an open mind by your brother-in-law without having any preconceived ideas in that he might regard your response coming from an apostate source and thus feeling the necessity to discard everything without paying attention to it at all. In case he did read your letter (presumably in an area of confinement so as not to be found out viewing "apostate" literature) and expressed some interest by replying to you in kind, you might want to mention to him that your research of information had just been the tip of the iceberg of embarrassments concerning the Watchtower Society, otherwise your first letter would have been too lengthy to read in the beginning.
    As you are well aware, there have been many more contemptible events which happened and were not highlighted in your letter, such as the United Nations collaboration since 1991, the bribing scandal in Mexico, the alternative employment in the defense industry and irregularities in Eastern Europe to mention just a few of the Society's "discrepancies of principle". True, Jehovah is a forgiving God, but for him to disregard the numerous blunders, mistakes and deliberate cover-ups by his own "earthly mouthpiece", the faithful and discreet slave, it would surely make a mockery of the entire arrangement of things, if indeed this were to be God's only channel.

Yes, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God, especially when judgment arrives....

:*) Richie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit