Aust= Missionary Quits!! Watchtower wants his "English Teacher" wages???

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's been afew years since the first Training school it was what 1992??? I knew alot of people back then and was told alot of negative experiences which I would brush aside. I spoke with the Brother involved a number of times but we were not best friends or anything.

• Roski
    Roski

....just to add - have been ripped off in a similar fashion myself, so am not surprised.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Roski:

Just wondering if the country was Laos? If so, it didn't sit well with me at the time that this happended -

I don't recall him being in the first class; in any case i wouldn't shed a tear for the person I suspect you have in mind. He did more than OK when he got back.

Witness 007:

I knew alot of people back then and was told alot of negative experiences which I would brush aside. I spoke with the Brother involved a number of times but we were not best friends or anything.

Whilst i don't deny the society's action, I still think you have in mind someone I knew very well and I think you'll find upon making more enquiries that there's more to the situation.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Ozzie Post you seem to be holding back...tell me what you know of the case!! It was Laos I think...the Bro. was not in the class but must have been there at Bethel since the Brother I was with who was in the class knew him and thought I would like to meet him....to be honest I can bearly remember his name Damitri ??? Maybe, it's been so long.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Witness 007:

Ozzie Post you seem to be holding back

Yep, I can understand it may be frustrating. It's just that I don't believe it appropriate to needlessly publicise names unles absolutely necessary. I do believe that the actions should be rightly discussed and condemned but not the names.

Cheers, Ozzie

BTW you from Sydney too?

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

in knew a few that were up in laos.

Am married couple and another guy whose sexuality was called into question........

Special cuddles in a missionary home apparently.

Same story ozziepost?

• blondie
    blondie

All those at Bethel and missionaries sign a vow of poverty, accepting the allowance, food, shelter, and clothing the WTS provides. This cut out the practice of g-jobbing described by some at Bethel, working under the wire on weekends and evenings for cash payments. It could be that the WTS kept his wages so not to risk this status with the government and end up being liable for taxes, social security for example.

It only proves to me that faith and spirituality do not reside exclusively among Bethelites and missionaries, COs or DOs, the GB or any that profess to be of the anointed. Anyone can wake up to hypocrisy in the organization; but what we each can and do varies.

Blondie

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jeffreywhat = You knew Cuddly George too!!! ......Opps Sorry guys no more names is only fair. Regards to G-jobbing everyone did it, Bethel, Specials, even C.O's I think it was just frowned apoun.

{I'm not in Sydney...I live in a secret location shhh.....Cambelltown!!....no just kidding}

• Roski
    Roski

Yeah - I understand about g-jobbing (and the people that did it) - but this was a little different in that they were sent in (ie got their visas) as being English teachers. It wasn't the money issue (I never knew about that) it was the fact that they went in by dishonest means. However, guess that is probably par for the course. No different to the Koreans that got caught in Afganistan then said they were medical volunteers - and many others. The org is no different.

• justhuman
    justhuman

yeah there are many other 'experiences' that they don't write about them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit