The Pedophile Defense Fund

by DT 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DT
    DT

I hate to see even one penny be donated to the Pedophile Defense fund (World Wide Work). However, It occurred to me that it might be worth donating a
    penny for this, provided that the donation was made by check and was accompanied by a letter stating that the penny could only be used for that purpose.
    If they cashed the check, it would be an admission that they have such a fund. If they didn't, it would be an admission that they use WWW funds for this
    purpose. If they sent a letter returning a check, they would be impoverished by the cost of postage. If they didn't return the check but didn't cash it,
    they would seem ungrateful and ethical. (I wonder if it would break any laws to receive earmarked contributions that they refuse to use, without notifying
    the sender.) I can't do this because I will have to have some other correspondence with the headquarters and I don't want my address to be flagged as a
    trouble maker yet, but I would certainly be interested in the results if anyone else wants to conduct the experiment.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I see the spirit of your idea but I have to point out a couple of things. First, if you wrote a check and sent an accompanying letter that said you insisted they used the funds to put up pink curtains in the GB conference room and they cashed it and didn't follow your wishes, you have no recourse. If you made an issue of it when you receive your cashed check back, more than likely you would be told that the money was a charitable contribution and the GB determines where funds should go, not contributors.

Next, if you were to write a check to 'The Pedophile Defense Fund' it would likely be returned, not because they don't want the money, but because none of the corporate entities the greater Satan enjoys is titled that way. They couldn't endorse the check to cash it, in other words. Lastly, the cost of returning the check isn't likely to hurt the bottom line of the book publishing company.

I do like the way you think, though!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Either way, the object is for it to cost them more money to process the check and/or send it back than they are going to get. If you give them a check for a penny, and they run into service charges of a quarter, they lose 24 cents. If they have to send it back, they lose 40 cents (41 cents less the face value).

Another way would be to make it bounce. That is going to cost you $25 as well (sometimes more). But, if they get a rubber check that costs them $30 or so to process, it might be worth it.

Still another way would be to send a Void Check. Those can be found on this week's WT Comments You Will Not Hear (just click the bill or check and print them out). Not only would they not get anything out of it, but they would get a message that might lead someone to turn apostate (wouldn't it be nice if someone higher up ends up here as the result of a Void Check sent to the Watchtower Society?). Plus it would waste time on their end to process it. Likely they would waste postage to send a letter about those things.

Sending Zero Dollar Bills (also available on the same page) would accomplish the same thing. They would waste the time to open the envelope only to see a nice Zero Dollar Bill. With the messages on it, they might even be tempted to check out some of the sources. Just imagine if the chief handler of those things ever found out that a portion of the money helps protect pedophiles! They might find themselves looking for another person to take that position, while the original person would end up here.

• horrible life
    horrible life

JWD
    Very interesting!!! Lots of food for thought. Theocratic Warfare.

Welcome DT!!!!! I do hope you stay. I like you already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit