Disassociation Questions

by DT 6 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

I disassociated myself a few months ago. I requested confirmation that they have received the letters
    (I sent multiple copies) I also asked for details about the announcement. I know I'm being
    shunned, but I never heard anything from the elders. I would have
    thought that they would at least try to confirm that I was the person who sent the letter. Imagine
    the amount of mischief that could be caused by people sending in DA letters on behalf of others if the elders don't check up on this.
    It would be kind of fun to return to the meetings and ask the elders why nobody will talk to me, sue them for
    slander when they say they announced I wasn't a JW and DA again after it is settled. I think it
    could work if I didn't send out so many personal letters at the same time.

Well, I'll send another letter asking for details, but I wanted to know a little more about their
    procedures first. I want to have some sort of written response from them as evidence in the event
    of future litigation. (I know it's hard to sue for enforced shunning now, but I hope the legal climate will
    change in the future.) I intend to do the same with the headquarters in Brooklyn.

Another question. Will the elders ever try to contact me to see if I want to return or to tell me
    the procedure for returning? I know they do this kind of thing with DF persons, but I don't know if
    DA is different. I have no interest in ever returning, but I think it's outrageous that they would
    allow a longtime member leave without even telling them how they can return.

I've already made a couple of posts, but never properly introduced myself. I'll do that when I have more time. I'm thinking of doing something musical.

• shell69
    shell69

Brilliant idea DT, I'd perhaps do that myslef... If I could be bothered.

Evidently you have recieved no written confirmation as you have requested since the borg is covering its tarcks against peeps who may wish to sue in the future.

They have all their millions to look after!!!!!!!!!

Shell69

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My guess is that they feel that since you dissassociated yourself they owe you nothing. I do not know internal Watchtower policy in regards to this issue, but I am going to assume that they just don't feel like responding to your inquiries. They don't have to do it, so they arn't going to bother.

Another question. Will the elders ever try to contact me to see if I want to return or to tell me
    the procedure for returning? I know they do this kind of thing with DF persons, but I don't know if
    DA is different. I have no interest in ever returning, but I think it's outrageous that they would
    allow a longtime member leave without even telling them how they can return.

I don't have access to it right now, but I believe that the Elders book states that once a year the elders are to call on disfellowshipped and disassociated ones. This is usually done around memorial time I believe. In this case I think the Elders would take into consideration who actually left the group and if they deserved a visit (they would most likely ignore a person who was very opposed or angry at them).

• yknot
    yknot

Drew is correct....!!!!!

I will PM you the details from

"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" 1991 Ed, UNIT 5 (c) pages 128-131

Yknot

• DT
    DT

Thanks for the PM. It was helpful. I should have sent my DA letter as a certified letter that they have to sign for. I will do that with my next letter so I can at least prove that they received the letter if they choose not to respond. I'll also try to get written confirmation of my status from the headquarters. If they refuse, I'll announce to my family that they can apparently still communicate with me and ask them to write the society if they have questions about my status.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Do unto others-bast advice is to shun them.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

sorry- best -spelling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit