The Snow Day

by WTWizard 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In many parts of the country, it is here again. There has been a snowstorm in the midwest and northeast, and some parts got more than a foot. Of course, other parts got only rain or a measly dusting to an inch.

What this means is that field circus is going to be harder. The biggest problem is finding places to park in the city, and roads that are not plowed out in the country. In the city, people are not going to be able to park, or are going to be having a miserable time trying to find parking spaces, while out in field circus. If it's snowing, it is going to make a sloppy mess on their windshield. Besides, it is nice and slippery (you can't screech around at 160 MPH in ice and snow, no matter what Ted Jaracz wants).

For those in rural areas, getting stuck is a real threat. Roads that are not plowed (or that have a problem with blowing snow) are often waiting for some unwary Witless to travel on to make a placement, and if they don't have the right equipment (which uses more gas), they are probably going to get stuck or hit a tree. The hope is that no one will even bother showing up, and that there will be a snow day.

What I used to like most was when we would get a foot or more of snow on the day of a boasting session. I would like it if the roads were not plowed or the lead hounder got into an accident or stuck in a snowbank trying to make it. I would hope for the whole damn thing to get cancelled for snow. I hated when the snowstorm would miss us, turn to rain, fizzle, or if the damn hounders decided to stupidly go ahead and hold the boasting session anyways. That would pxxx me off when the storm wimped out or the hounders decided it wasn't bad enough to cancel the boasting session.

Too bad there wouldn't be a blizzard in California. People that are going to the Great Boasting Session for family's sake would like it to be cancelled for snow. I only saw one of those things get cancelled--we got one blizzard the Thursday before, and then we got another 2 feet of snow on top of that on Saturday. Needless to say, they had to cancel the whole damn thing. Which was good, because I hate going to those things.

Too bad I wasn't in charge of canceling those things. I would cancel the whole thing for a flurry somewhere in a remote part of Antarctica, even if the weather in the local area was sunny and mild. Hopefully, enough of these things will be getting cancelled for snow this winter.

Now, if only they would cancel boasting sessions and field circus for the pedophile report on NBC...

• Dansk
    Dansk

Yeah, WTW, didn't ya just love it when the weather was awful and field misery was cancelled! "Oh, no!", we said, "We'll have to do back calls." Really, we meant "Effin' great. No field misery and a hot cuppa coffee and a bacon sandwich at home. Yippee!!".

Ian

• eddie c
    eddie c

Hi Ian,

You must have been softies in your Hall. I used to lead a group of sisters in the `work`(yes we used to call it that) midweek on the Moors above Oldham. Hail-Rain or Snow we would be out there. I mean it really was `brass monkeys`. It was ridiculous.If someone came to the door and tried to chat they would have died within a minute from the cold. My wife once had the audacity to wear a pair of trousers in order to stay alive..You would think she had turned up naked.it caused such a fuss. I was counseled that i should keep my wife in subjection.

I remember once trudging through a foot of snow pushing a pram and dragging my little son along. We knocked on this mans door.i remember him well,he was Nigerian and a lovely guy. He took one look at us and invited us in. We sat in his living room dripping water everywhere. He made us hot drinks and was really nice. He must have thought we were crazy...and he would be right.

Then there was the Christmas day morning,a cold bitter day. i knocked on this guys door at 9:30 in the morning. I could see that all the family were opening presents. This man looked at me and in a pleading voice said "surely not today mate?". I left and weny home.

What were we doing?.

Eddie

• myababes
    myababes

i can remember going out when it was soooo cold and daring to think that we could get away with wearing a long coat and tucking a pair of trousers iside some long boots. you couldn't tell from the outside but boy did me and my friend come in for some grief when we went back for coffee and took our coats off. Sure they would have DF us on the spot if they could, you think we had commited the worst sin ever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit