Work Christmas Party!!!!!!!! What are you doing????????

by helncon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• helncon
    helncon

This year we have a themed christmas party.

Gangster/mafia.....

What to wear.

Was going to wear a flapper dress but hey who has a body to wear one of those...lol.....

So its going to be a gangster moll outfit. Hubby he is wearing a black suit with a black shirt and white tie.

Will post pics of the night (16/12).

I have rumours that they give out 'trophies' for things that have happened throughout the year or if you have a 'quality' ( i know one girl who is very chatty and i think they are going to give her a set of those chatty teeth that you wind up)

So what are you doing for your works christmas party???????

Are your partners allowed????

What traditions are held???

Helen

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

We don't have one. Something about being too busy this time of year. But, they do throw a christmas party in June or July. Last year it was a Rochester, Honker's game. I couldn't make it since it happened on the same night I do my comedy routine, but I guess everyone had a fun time.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Just a secret Santa...

and a sort of luncheon. But it will be fun- I enjoy the people I sork with so it's always fun to hang out all together.

:)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Haven't heard about ours yet, there has been some upsetting things at the office this year that need to be worked on first. We might put it off until January.

I've worked for the same company for a number of years, but the owners sold a couple of years ago. Still most of the same people, but the parties aren't the same. Dave used to throw great parties! One year he kept the resturant a secret, had a bus pick us all up, we sang "naughty" Christmas carols on the way out, dinner, dancing, it was a blast.

Every year we'd make up a photo album (I work for a photographer) with a different theme, usually taken from something that happened that season. We'd dress up,take the pics, have a story written to go along with it. Good memories!

BB

• helncon
    helncon

I was even thinking of starting a secret santa where i now work.

But i may have left it too late.

Will ask about it when i go back to work on the w/e.

I am looking forward to it i find it gives you the chance to talk to fellow work mates out of their work enviroment. As we are not allowed talking well limited any way heck we can't even have staff drinks at the end of the night.

Helen

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I worked in Furniture, our boss gave out silly awards at the end of the year.

I was pretty emotional, hot-headed sometimes.........

so I got an award

An aluminum foil covered cucumber on a stick........The Cool As a Cucumber award!!! I did get Employee of the Year too, btw.

He had best hairdo awards and put a string mop on a pedestal and stuff like that .......it was fun.

Plus we got huge bonuses.

• Simon
    Simon

We had a really nice time at a very beautiful location in Calgary for my works xmas party ... the meal was superb and we'll definitely be visiting again! (I think Angharad has decided on a place to go for our anniversary )

Best of all, Angharad won herself, us, erm ... me an iPod touch! . She'll have hours of fun with that ... (watching me play with it ).

It's her work's do in a week or two which should be good (probably less formal).

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Self employed people do not have Christmas parties. A Christmas lunch with clients works though.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I just got back tonight from the Christmas Party for the Gift Shop where I work . The owner has a catered dinner at her house . We had a great time good food ,fine wine all women sitting around talking up a storm . For being a shop full of just women we get along very well and a good mix of age as well as personalities .

When I began there 12yrs.ago I was a good little dub . Oh how they put up with me ! They stopped having Birthday treats at work so I would not be offended , the boss would go out of her way to make sure I didn't feel pressured to attend the xmas party ....a few yrs. they just called it an employee appreciation dinner just so I would go . Tonight I told them about JWD and the secret santa and xmas card exchange .....they all thought it is just great .

Later this month the other place I work ( trucking /transportation) gives out some type of gift ,last year it was a Zippo flashlight ,for everyone .Then they empty the wash bays and set up tables and serve a potluck type meal on the last day before school xmas break .

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Formal dinner for 120 dealership employees and spouses, live band--our regional GM rep fronts a decent cover band. . .go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit