Elders preaching ''last days'' while building massive houses........

by RULES & REGULATIONS 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

There are 2 Elders in my cousins congregation who are partners in a construction business. They buy land,build huge homes,live there,and sell 2 years later. One of them sold his home last year for $860,000 . At this moment,he is building a house larger than the last. His plans are to live there for 2-3 years, then sell at a handsome profit.

They asked one brother that he needed to quit his 2nd shift job because he missed too many meetings. This brother had no high school education. His employer sent him to a trade school to be a welder. Now,he makes close to $35 an hour.

How can these Elders who are self-employed, work their own hours,make alot of money,ask someone who has minimal skills to quit their job? Ain't this a form of harassment?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

This is one of those times I wish witlesses would use their own brains, not follow every stupid "suggestion". I just built a large home and have gotten small little jabs about it. Poverty is preached in my old hall, but followed by few. It goes against human's instinct to deprive their families or themselves of things. At least it did my hubby's. When he stopped worrying about what people thought, that's when we began to prosper. I think it is selfish of those elders to presume they know this man's circumstances that they can counsel such a huge life change. I hope he doesn't listen.

momz

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I know of a JW lady right now whose husband left her with three kids high and dry. This lady literally does not know how she's going to feed herself and her kids from one day to the next and is working a part-time cash register job. She had an opportunity to get a better job, with better hours, closer to home, but refused because of a comment made by the hiring authority of people always asking for specific days off every week. There was no question that the hiring authority was talking about all the JW in her employ she has to schedule everyone else around. This lady chose to stay put and suffer rather than risk having her meetings interrupted. I was floored. The local JWs, while eating this up as an example of how to stay loyal, are standing by silently while she continues to lose weight and her phone service is cut off. But, she's making those meetings...... It's a sure bet that with winter setting in, her utilities are sure to follow. But, as long as she makes those meetings......

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

THIS IS SO SICK AND YET TRUE

Many in our hall could do better if they simply "left Jehovah" realizing its all a scam! I know one lady in in our congregation in her early 60's who back in her youth opted to skip college and pioneer full time, poor kind soul, she now lives on Section 8 and misses meals every so often so she can afford the bus far from her housing project up to the Crenshaw Congregation. I forsee this outsome soon-to-be for many young ones who are fooling around, not being serious about getting a real education/job/career because the end is near ... yet some of these are the same ones who have gossiped horrible lies about me in the not so distant past ... when reality hits them in 15-20 years (I'll be looooooooooong gone by then) what will I think ... I'll think of it then ...

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision
    This lady chose to stay put and suffer rather than risk having her meetings interrupted. I was floored. The local JWs, while eating this up as an example of how to stay loyal, are standing by silently while she continues to lose weight and her phone service is cut off. But, she's making those meetings...... It's a sure bet that with winter setting in, her utilities are sure to follow. But, as long as she makes those meetings......

95stormfront that make's me sick. WatchTower mindcontrol at it's finest.

DV

• uninformed
    uninformed

THE DOUBLE STANDARD IS ALIVE AND WELL------------------------------

Brant

• flipper
    flipper

It truly is amazing how critical elders are of publishers and how quickly they will judge the rank and file publishers as " materialistic" when they are just trying to survive. Back in 2002 , a year before I got out of the witnesses, I was in my second, very brief marriage, she had 2 teenagers, I had 3 . I just made an off hand comment to one of the " self righteous " elders that I was picking up more self employed jobs in the area and doing good, and without a beat he quickly said, " Now Mr. Flipper you better be careful or you'll get materialistic " ! By just picking up more work ? I mean I could have said to him ," Well then elder know -it-all , if you would enjoy the privilege of helping provide for my 3 teenage children and 2 stepchildren, then sure, I'll work less ! But if not, I do have to provide for those who are my own, correct? " But, I think I just muttered some silent cuss word in my brain, and walked off. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit