New Light Extravagansa!!

by jefferywhat 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

A lot of people are in a little fuss about the generation change, which as far as IM concerned, doesn't change anything, it could be step one of a bigger adjustment down the track, but on its own, its been done.

But at the annual meeting of the WTBS, there wasn't 1 but 5 changes of thought, the light has literally exploded.

One that has caught my attention is the the change on the dragnet of Matthew 13. If you have WT 92 6/15 read it! It is a thorough understanding at the time, it mentions 1935( or mid 30's) as basically the end of gathering the anointed and the therefore the end of the dragnet process ( the dragnet was the process whereby christianity either accurate or not, brought people to the dragnet, whereby the Angels would keep the good fish, think John West). Even though the anointed then used this dragnet to gather the GC, its original use was finished.

But now that 1935 has gone, the process of the dragnet has changed!!

And it now.......... drum role.............. ( NEW LIGHT) applies to JW's as much as all christian religions and it no longer ended in 1935ish , i.e. you could be caught by a great fisher of man, dedicate yourself and continue serving for a time, but if you turn away its because the angels have found you unworthy and have pulled you out of the net.

So no longer are you deemed a fathful fish just because your dedicated and babtized, you are still being judged.

It is sort of a cousin of the sheep and goats, so it makes sense that this separating work is not complete yet.

Thoughts?

• tula
    tula

snowblind.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There was a Witchtower study on the dragnet in the early 90s (BLONDIE WILL KNOW) that discussed this.

This is a very valid point, and shows how the babble and trick is imploding as their theology is undermined and contradicted by different members of the GB ever since Freddie Franz's pickling fluid ran out and he gibbered his last as the last original member of the Gibbering Buddies.

HB

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

hamsterbait, its WT 92 6/15

• bite me
    bite me
    hamsterbait, its WT 92 6/15

hi, does someone have a scan of this?

and of the prior mention of the other date?

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

Leaven=corruption. A year ago I would have fought someone at the door to prove this point. If they tried to explain that mustard seed growing meant great growth for the congregations of God I would have told them that that plant grew to nest the birds. The birds=the birds that pick the seed by the road (so therefore Satan's agents, and therefore the tree is Christendom). Now, the birds are good and the leaven is good, and the mustard plant is not Christendom but the JW's. The funny thing about this is that about a month after I left I heard a woman on the radio explaining that the leaven was good and meant the growth of the congregations. She must have told the GB too. Always telling people the leaven was bad caused some issues in my mind (why did the high priest offer two leavened loaves at pentecost?) The birds being bad I had thoroughly believed. In fact, they had scriptural proof. Now I don't even think they have scriptural proof for saying that the birds are good.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It seems like all of the society's teachings have a common element with numerology. They take every insignificant detail and great and unwarranted significance to it. In the end, it becomes so convoluted that it could really mean anything.

It's hard to believe that people can lap up this crap with a straight face.

For me, when I was in, I noticed this regarding the interpretation of the three Jerusalem's - Jerusalem above, heavenly Jerusalem, and another one that I can't remember. I'll call it Jerusalem the car dealership.

They had interpreted the hell out of all three of these to the point where each one was basically a doctrine in itself. I remember that this issue really made me realize that they were just flying by the seat of their pants.

• Emma
    Emma

It's hard to believe that people can lap up this crap with a straight face.

But that's where they get you. You have to accept that the gb, wts or whatever speaks for jehovah. Once they've got you there, most people will do anything, ie drink the kool-aid. That's why it's impossible to reason with them. You could turn the light out (as if it isn't already) and they'd still not notice anything wrong.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

So if you're too small a fish (spiritually speaking, of course), the angels throw you back? :-)

• Bible_Student777
    Bible_Student777

The minutia of the inner workings of this end-of-the-world cult are not interesting, nor are they relevant to anyone's life. UNLESS one is a JW. This is tedious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit