Flowers

by Thinking of Leaving 7 Replies latest social relationships

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

How often do you give your wife/girlfriend or significant other flowers? do you give spontaneously or only on special occasions?

• llbh
    llbh

My wife prefers chocolate. Flowers OK chocolate tastes much better though!! And yes I bought her fsome of her favourite chocolate last week.

Then she worries about her weight- still eats the chocs though!!

llbh

• Dansk
    Dansk

Whenever I feel she deserves them!

Seriously, I may buy her flowers whenever I have the impulse - but usually on special occasions.

Ian

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

what kind of flowers do you buy? roses? tulips? carnations?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Usually roses but yesterday was our wedding anniversary and I sent Claire roses with fresias! Still smelling lovely today! - and so are the flowers!!

Ian

P.S. We have four children. Each time one was born I purchased Claire a dozen red roses.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Ian you are so sweet!! I'm sure your wife knows how lucky she is...

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I am currently sans partner, but in the past I was with Dansk on this one. The usual "special occassions" but also on random impulse when the mood strikes. As far as what kind of flowers, whatever their favorite is I can still tell you what my partners' favorite flowers were.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I don't think you should ever wait for a special occasion to give flowers. Last week I had a terrible headache for two days. Hubby came home after work with a bouquet of flowers to cheer me up! To me, it doesn't really matter what they are, all flowers are beautiful.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit