how long is reproving for ?

by looloo 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• looloo
    looloo

if an elder did something he shouldnt and got reprooved how long before he is allowed to be an elder again ? anyone know ?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Depends on what the body of elders thinks of him.

For example, an elder in my old congregation was taken off because "justice" had to be seen to be done. He'd evidently done something he shouldn't have and too many people knew about it.

However, because he was much-loved by the congregation and the other elders thought the world of him he was back being an elder within a year - possibly earlier but I can't remember if he had to be made a MS first or not

So, if your face fits, in no time! If it doesn't, could be quite a while!!

Ian

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

If the elder has been reproved and they want to re appoint him to being a MS, for a period of 5 years after the reproof it is indicated on the recommendation form, but that doesnt mean it has to be three years, in my experience, if they take it and soldier on, 3 years later they can me a MS, then 2 years later, after the 5 years, and elder.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

If he has only been removed, they can be re appointed next CO visit, straight back to elder, but in the case of Reproof by JC, its on record and refereed too for 5 years.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    If he has only been removed, they can be re appointed next CO visit, straight back to elder, but in the case of Reproof by JC, its on record and refereed too for 5 years.

Thanks for the clarification, Jeff. THAT sounds more like what happened to the elder I knew. He was just "removed". Ian

• 5go
    5go

Man this religion is like Brazil what ever that movie was called, or the military

• looloo
    looloo

lol so it really depends on if people in the cong know about any indescretion ? if they do not nothing gets done , bacically what the eye dont see the cong dont need telling about it !

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Heh...I've been on reproof since 1998.

Still going strong!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit