New Paranoia -- Medical Forms are the newest tools of Satan

by fyerstar 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fyerstar
    fyerstar

Hi. My sister (a well-meaning, sweet drone) sent me this email and although I don't get a chance to post often, I thought that this was just too ridiculous to keep to myself. I don't have the heart to tell her that there are other people on the planet that have things they'd rather the medical community didn't do to save their lives. But then again, who'd believe me? Scary people we used to hang around with. Anyway, here it goes.

My sister says:

"A sister forwarded this to me.
    Subject: FW: Medical forms - blood

Hello:
    Please keep your eyes open and read all of the fine print when checking into the hospital for any reason and be especially careful if it is an emergency situation. Satan has come up with another back door approach to invalidate our medical directive cards - BEWARE!

Subject: advance medical directive
    You'll never guess what I ran into! It's another lesson in: Never trust Satan's system. Jehovah's organization lovingly educated us as to the importance of the Advance Medical Directive, and even provided the necessary legal paperwork so that we would be protected, especially where the mis-use of blood might get into the picture. Now what could possibly go wrong here? We are fully prepared, aren't we?

Now check this. Before a particular procedure I was given 3 pages to read with all kinds of stuff in small type: what problems had I ever had in the past; operations; meds I take, etc., the usual stuff. At the end I had to sign the papers. I assume that 99% of us trust our doctors and we sign, never expecting to run into a paragraph like this (word for word):

"I understand that advance directives are NOT honored at [this medical Center] and in the event of a life-threatening situation, emergency medical procedures will be instituted in every instance and patients will be transferred to a higher level of care where the
    decision to continue or to terminate emergency measures can be made..."

Friends, Satan isn't asleep -- always, always watch what you sign!

Ralph"

• Quandary
    Quandary

Jehovah's organization lovinglycunningly educated us as to the importance of the Advance Medical Directive, and even provided the necessary legal paperwork so that we would be protected, especially where the mis-use of blood might get into the picture.

There is NO love in their motives!

Q

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I understand that advance directives are NOT honored at [this medical Center] and in the event of a life-threatening situation, emergency medical procedures will be instituted in every instance and patients will be transferred to a higher level of care where the
    decision to continue or to terminate emergency measures can be made..."

Sounds like BS to me. I would have to see an example before I would believe a hospital would ignore a legal document. Last I check, if a document told a surgeon to fart the national anthem he would start eating beans and scrambled eggs.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I don't know about US laws, but I call bs for a document like that ever being presented to a patient in a Canadian hospital.

Cog

• yknot
    yknot

Looks like everybody is covering the ass-ets these days. (Good for the medical instituion)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I understand that advance directives are NOT honored at [this medical Center]

Yeah, no way in hell a hospital lawyer is going to ok that one. You want sued? Trick people into signing away their right to choose medical care. This would let the doctor perform an abortion if he felt it necessary to save the mother's life, despite her stating otherwise in a "directive".

No way. I don't doubt your sister sent it to you, or that she believes it's for real (after all -- gasp! -- what WOULDN'T Satan do?!?), but there's just no way.

Dave

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I recently had an operation and noticed a very similar paragraph in the forms just like stated in that "warning". Its was saying that this current document supercedes any previous medical directive. I thought it was interresting since it would have invalidated a blood card. Maybe not totally, but enough for a doctor to justify his actions in front of a judge.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    was saying that this current document supercedes any previous medical directive.

Would that include a living will?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The sad part is that this guy actually believes that Satan is the one behind this medical form and not the hospital itself trying to protect itself from future lawsuites by family members of the patient.

I can honestly say I was never that brainwashed to believe that Satan was concerned in the least bit in my day to day life. This guy needs a frontal labotomy. Scary how ignorant he truly is. But alas, this is exactly the type of people the organization preys on. Anyone with even a little education and common sense will eventually leave the org. Lilly

• CHILD
    CHILD

This is definitely not true.

Doctors and nurses are instructed to ask for a copy of advanced directive and/or living will when a patient is admitted to a hospital.. Even if the patint changes his mind, all he has to do is ask for an attending physician (supervising doctor). The doctor will write a note directing all employees to honor your decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit