Help for anxiety - tip

by tinker 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tinker
    tinker

Like some of you, I experience anxiety from time to time. As Xjw's, many are the reaons for that shortness of breath, pounding heart, ringing ears etc.

I have tried lots of tricks to get through it but something I learned on Oprah from Dr Oz has worked for me.

You take a wine bottle cork, place it in you teeth, standing up and focus on your breathing.

You are all going to make cute comments about the wine, I knowww. Sure drinking the wine is a remedy too but not always doable.

Just a quick fix, not a long term cure.

added to protect myself: see a physician if symptoms persist

• tinker
    tinker

oops, I don't open a topic very often so forgot to put this under the correct subject.

Not Bible related. sorry

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Tinker -

It's great to start with simpler, non-invasive therapies.

I started this thread last year looking for other ideas. It might help, too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/122792/1.ashx

-Denise.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, it does work. The breath focus is basically, meditation. The technique is thousands of yrs old.

S

• tinker
    tinker

Thanks AS for the link to your topic. Some very good suggestions there.

Yes, the breathing focus is an ancient remedy, meditation. I found the 'cork' part kind of unique and easy. Ya do look silly with a cork in your mouth but it can be a quick fix until you find time for a deeper session.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Someone you fancy to dominate you till you feel sublime is what someone told me! But they are like finding truffles in the woods - team work may be required.

• frankiespeakin
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Anything you do to control your breathing will help you relax and be calmer. It's basically a simple form of meditation. Anther one I heard of is to close your eyes and leave your mouth slightly open, then inhale slowly for a count of eight seconds, hold your breath for a count of eight seconds, then exhale slowly for eight seconds. Do this two or three times, instant brain reboot.

I was talking to my doctor today about meditation, she also meditates. Just making it a priority, every morning, helps you stay calmer and make better decisions throughout your day. I am sometimes very busy and tempted to skip it, but if I do I always get less done, as I am not as focused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit