Nat'l Championship - Ohio State vs.LSU

by JK666 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

I make a bet right now on this game... OSU isn't in the same league as any team in the SEC... they'll take their whipping and go home just like last year... Go dawgs! Sick um!

• JK666
    JK666

dawg,

I actually think that Georgia got screwed by not getting into the BCS Championship game. It probably should have been OSU vs. Georgia. Not getting to a league championship game hurt them a lot more than Ohio State. In OSU's defense, there have been years that the Big Ten champion has missed the big game because the league has no championship title game.

Go Dawgs! (I like to say that because I am a Browns fan)

JK

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

LSU 24-14

Go Bayou Bengals!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The confusion and lack of clarity in the BCS is enough to convince me of the need for playoffs in college. Why the hell not do it like the pro's instead of the BSC nonsense?

Jeff

• dawg
    dawg

JK666 & Jeff, the BCS in nonscense, It's be better to have some sort of playoff... Oklahoma is a great team as is several otehrs that desreve a chance... like USC... anyway, until they fix this mess....

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think the SEC is a stronger conference than the Big 10. It seems that Ohio State will repeat their poor performance from last year's final game against Florida. Going into the game, the Gators were 12-1 and the favored Buckeyes were 12-0. Florida was ahead 34-14 at halftime and breezed to a 41-14 win.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

OSU isn't in the same league as any team in the SEC... they'll take their whipping and go home just like last year.

The SEC is clearly a deeper conference than the Big 10 (Big 2 Little 8 they used to call it). But year after year Ohio State's recruiting classes are ranked among the top in the country, so I find all the talk about them not being able to compete with the best SEC teams a little perplexing. It's not like the top SEC teams are able to recruit better talent than Ohio State or Michigan is, I think they're pretty much on the same level. It's the mid-level SEC teams vs. the mid-level Big 10 teams where there's the obvious disparities in talent. People have made way too much of the Florida game. Florida was clearly the better team on that day. I will concede nothing more.

My biggest concern about the Buckeyes is QB Todd Boeckman, who played great all year up until the final two games where he looked really shakey.

Go Buckeyes!

• Gopher
    Gopher

The current betting line is LSU by 5-1/2 points. So there are many who are wagering money that LSU will come out on top.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Gopher, I would like a piece of that action!! Sorry Dan. But LSU is very strong!! I really wouldn't have a good feeling about my beloved sooners playing them.

• dawg
    dawg

OK Dan, that deserves a reply... 1st off Notre Dame had one of the top recruting classes by rank the last few years... look at their record. Class ranking a championship does not make, wins are what we're talking about,

Next, Ohio State has never beaten an SEC team in a bowl, they're 0-8 against the SEC in a Bowls... Usually when the Big 10 schedules an SEC team during the season, its usually a team like Vanderbuilt...THat said the SEC is 63W-45L-2T as an all time record against the B10... almost 20 wins more out of only 110 games!

If Ohio State were in the SEC, they'd take a whipping... I bet they'd have 3 losses by now.. They wouldn't beat Georgia right now...Nor would they beat Florida, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, on any consistant basis... not with their team speed. That being said, any team in AMerica can win a game on a given day... it's just that the competition is so hard in the SEC...Ohio State may win the Championship, but they wouldn't if they had to play 10 games against LSU, which clearly has the better team...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit