personal beliefs re: life after death...none since leaving JW.... You?

by oompa 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

I do not have a clue anymore. Having just accepted my own mortality, what the hey does happen at death? I never thought about it before, because I did not have to. I knew exactly what would happen....I would not die and neither would my young parents (can I sue those bastards for brainwashing me like this for decades? We could all be in mental wards right now!), anyone who did is asleep, and will awaken in paradise...we hardly ever talked about flying straight to heaven as the 144k.

But now I do not have a clue, and do not care, esp. if we were right about the sleep thing. Of course nobody can be sure, but is there any point any trying to find something to believe in? Did you?..........oompa

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I don't 'believe in something' after death, because none of us know.

Most of the time, I think it'll just be the same as it was before we were born. No big problem, something we won't even be aware of.

But if our true selves (if there is such a thing) carry on after death, will that be aware? It's something I'm not sure about, but I can't go beyond my imagination when I think about it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Because Jesus raised Himself bodily up from the grave we all will be bodily raised up from the grave.

Our soul goes either to be with Jesus or to eternal separation from him when our physical bodies die.

Got that from reading the Bible after placing the Watchtower Society's litterature...

in the trash can.

• oompa
    oompa
    Honesty:

Because Jesus raised Himself bodily up from the grave we all will be bodily raised up from the grave.

Our soul goes either to be with Jesus or to eternal separation from him when our physical bodies die.

Honesty, I have always enjoyed your posts. How do you know any of this? And I mean even that we have a soul or spirit in us? And there is no way I can believe the bible is accurate after all this time......those early Jews were pretty nuts......thanks...oompa

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Honesty, I have always enjoyed your posts. How do you know any of this?

My family says that when I started praying to Jesus for forgiveness then started and sharing these new ideas that it really is from the deemunz who have possesssed me.

One of my Christian friends says it was hidden from me until I started praying to Jesus for forgiveness.

All I know is that I believe it now and I used to not believe it when I was a JW.

I also hated the cross when I was a JW.

I also hated hearing anyone mention personal sins when I was a JW.

I also hated hearing anyone mention that Jesus is God when I was a JW .

I also hated hearing anyone mention that they donated blood when I was a JW.

• monophonic
    monophonic

all i know, if there is an afterlife i'm giving god a suckerpunch...punch first, ask questions later, b/c i'll be pissed off at this little earth experiment at the cost of suffering, needless killing, war, etc.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I don't 'believe in something' after death, because none of us know.

No one KNOWS, that's true. But I think the likelihood is that we will cease to exist as self-aware entities. Kinda sucks, but as was mentioned, it's no worse than before we were born. Considering how much time we spent in nonexistence, death is more of a "returning to normal" than anything else! (Still sucks though! I want my Panda! I was promised pandas!!!!)

Dave

• watson
    watson

I hear ya Oompa. Wasn't conditioned to face the inevitable. Had to watch the grandparents go, now I get to watch my parents slowly die. I'm right behind them.

Most others outside the "org" are brought up believing we grow up, grow old and die. I was never prepared for it. I feel like I just have to buck up and face it.

It would be cool if we all joined up somewhere in a new existance, after dieing here. Sometimes I wish there was "karma" though....

• Warlock
    Warlock

One thing for sure, there will be no atheists no matter what happens after we die.

Warlock

• jaded
    jaded

My logical brain says that death is the opposite of life. Life=existence so death =nonexistence. My heart hopes that I will be reunited with my loved ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit