Dumped On.

by RollerDave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

winter depression/seasonal affective disorder plague many people, myself and several family members included

research lead me to a supplement, *5-HTP*, that has been shown in clinical trials to be as effective as SSRIs in ameliorating mild to moderate depressive conditions... it is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter ...... speaking strictly anecdotally, 5-HTP has been incredibly beneficial to me as well as my 2 older children who suffer depressive moods as a baseline....

below are a few cited extracts with further information for your consideration

Therapeutic Applications: L-5-Hydroxytryptophan is reported to be of greatest benefit in psychiatric and neurological disorders where there is a deficiency of neurol serotonin. L-5-Hydroxytryptophan is also indicated for its uses in alleviating the symptoms of a number of common syndromes such as anxiety and depression. L-5-Hydroxytryptophan is also cited as a natural relaxant, to help alleviate insomnia by inducing normal sleep, for the treatment of migraine and headaches and to aid in the control of cravings such as in eating disorders. L-5-Hydroxytryptophan is also thought to assist and strengthen the immune system and may help to reduce the risk of artery and heart spasms. L-5-Hydroxytryptophan has also been cited in the management of Parkinson disease (PD) and epilepsy. http://www.linnea-worldwide.com/products/l5hydro.asp

"5-HTP is well absorbed from an oral dose, with about 70 percent ending up in the bloodstream. It easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and effectively increases central nervous system (CNS) synthesis of serotonin. In the CNS, serotonin levels have been implicated in the regulation of sleep, depression, anxiety, aggression, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation. Therapeutic administration of 5-HTP has been shown to be effective in treating a wide variety of conditions, including depression, fibromyalgia, insomnia, binge eating associated with obesity, chronic headaches, and insomnia."http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/.fulltext/3/4/271.pdf

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I get S.A.D. in the winter and sometimes it's really hard to get out of bed-but I always do. The real name is hibernation! It's the bodys natural response to a lack of daylight. Try to avoid meds, as they are addictive. You got snow??? Me too for 48 hours! Get out and shovel the crap! It's good exercise as long as you don't have a fall or a heart attack. Shovel in the day as it's brighter. I have been shovelling here for hours.

Please put the past where it belongs. Don't want to spend money- that's ok. It's not about material things. It's about thanking your God for the air you breath. You will find happiness-it's all over. Open your eyes wide and smile at those you know and love. It really works. Take care of you and your family.

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

helluva long post

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    helluva long post

BUT did you read it? I usually don't read longish posts this one was well worth it! Very good writting I like your style Dave!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    National Ammo Day

my personal favorite holiday

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

rollerdave , I really enjoyed your post . I wish I could put into words the thoughts that bang around in my head .

I hope your dreary winter will be short and full of some sunny bright days .

((((((dave))))))

Are you on the xmas mailing list ? If not I highly recommend it . It really brightens my day to recieve something other than a bil in the mail .

Plus glitter snowmen always make me smile !

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Well, I wound up spending Happy Truck Time letting my four-wheeler do the Dance of Disdain all over the snow's puffy stupid white face. There were no snowdrifts, snowbanks, or ditches that were able to stop me!

I OWN WINTER'S ASS!

I also went rolling through a Wally World seasonal aisle or three, looked at trees, and shared my opinions with Beck about what would look good in our domocile of aposta-excellence... Turns out we have about the same tastes, so much the better.

I also talked with my mother-in-law, usually not the most shiny/sparkly experience in and of itself; but since I was now able to tell her that I was done being a legalistic stuck up picky ratbastard, it went pretty darn good.

Then beck went waltzing through Michael's crafts in a dream of happy yuletide decorating.

All in all a good day, now for the individual responses:

Nomoreguilt: Right you are, and it IS the way I have been trending, but I have a way to go yet before I am completely without discomfort expressing cheer in a holiday way. I think I did just gain a level tho, time to get more XP and level again if I can by letting Beck put up a tree?

Tara: Yeah, I seen a doctor or two in my time, went the anti-depressent route too, but it's not for me, even bummed out I am better off without mind numbing meds to dull me. I'd rather be sharp but bent than straight and dull.

Wings: You're welcome, thanks for reading and commenting. it makes posting worthwhile. Hang in there, quality apostasy takes effort!

Hey Awake, I missed feeling motivated to write. I'll call ya some time.

Momz: I get your point, I really AM sick of being the rhino, but I'm not about to submerge in mediocre 'normalcy'either. I'll stay me, but just new and improved with less WTS BS.

Aligot! I like the way you think. Can you suggest an artist for me to look up? If not I'll pop in the soundtrack from Amelie in your honor.

Chickpea: I'll give those a read. Thanks.

World Traveller: yeah, I had some bad history with them meds and am reluctant to go under the juice again, but I like your point about smiling. It's a bit like wag the dog, but if you make yourself smile and give yourself permission to be happy, you have a better chance of BEING happier.

Martin: I don't write any other type.

Bikerchic: Thanks! I just do what I can, when I don't have much to say, I don't say much. But when I do, I try to make it interesting. Otherwise I'd bore even ME!

Primitive: You a Kim Du Toit fan? Nov 19th I but bullets. It's a thing.

Troubled Mind: Thank you, I hope YOUR winter is cheery as well. As to this mailing list, may I inquire how I would sign up? It sounds like just the thing!

Thanks all, JWD can really pick a guy up. I'll try to post more.

RD

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hey RD!!

How were the cheese potatoes today??

BB

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

They were simply AMAZING.

Equal portions cheesy has brown and corn beef hash with bacon over the top, I call it 'Irishman's Delight' and it was my one dietary sin of the day. Also on the plate were fresh pineapple, fresh strawberries, and fresh whipped cream, simply delightful.

Then we looked into the hotel attached to the resteraunt and decided that we will be doing our next mini-break there in a month or two. I'm a pretty big guy, but the hot tub in that room would be big enough for me and beck both to enjoy the bubbles while watching a movie of HER choice.

It kinda HAS to be her choice, she's the chick, after all.

RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit