THANKSGIVING with my "Worldly" relatives

by primitivegenius 5 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

my son is 10 months old and hasnt seen his jw grandfather or either of his great grandmothers(one jw) so i planned a trip to Tulsa to see the grandmothers and show him off to the rest of my family.

fortunately for me i only have 5 jws in my family, but unfortunately they are or rather were among my closest(mom, dad, sis, bro in law, and grandma)

now in the 10 months my son has graced this earth, i have received exactly 3 calls from my family(2 mom 1 dad) so since they started shunning me i dont bother to call them anymore. instead i call my two grandmothers and they, in turn keep my family informed.

called them and told them i was coming down and didnt bother to say a word to my folks, got to one of my uncles who lives close to my folks and was gonna give them a call and the option to come see the boy. mom was already on the phone with my aunt as i pulled up. i talked to her a bit, told her i was gonna be there for about 3 hours before heading on to oklahoma so she could come over if she wanted(duhhhhhh)

she started makeing excuses....... my dad had an "appointment" at 1:30 on a saturday..... translation......... hes not at the doctors hes doing some witness bulls***, so he couldnt be there and my sister was working but wanted us to stop by on our way. so i said i would try. so at quitting time for her we showed up....... and amazeingly my dad pulled up in SHOCK a 2 door car WTH. wearing ............... you guessed it........ meeting clothes. so i decided to drop the bomb on him............ let him hold my GORGEOUS SON figureing that was kryptonite for him. we visited with no talk of their cult and left about 30 minutes later to travel on to oklahoma.

mom said that one of my grandmothers had a doctors appointment on monday so she was gonna drive up sunday night and take her, so i was like well looks like you will get to see the boy if you come by the house. she came up on monday and it was just her and my sister.......... my dad apparently had to many "congregational responsibilitys" to show up........ his loss. one of my aunts was going to the doctor the same day my grandmother was at the same place......... so i asked mom to see if she could stay there for a bit and we could visit with her so mom said she would find out............ ok mistake number one..... NEVER trust a JW. i shoulda asked for my aunts cell and done this on my own......... they knew i wanted to visit with them and it was a noon apointment so going to eat afterwards woulda been a no brainer........ mom sabotauged it by takeing them out to eat straight away.. so they wouldnt...... GASP have to share a meal with someone who wasnt a beliver any more..........(faded not DFed or DAed) so at 2 pm i call to see what the hell was happening........... just as they were getting their food. NICE

went to visit them at my grandmothers house........ mom and my sis put on a good front of loving family and then left quickly. got to have a good visit with my aunt and some cousins tho so it was worth it. didnt tell them how sh*tty my family was acting towards me........ cause my aunts health is probably to bad for her to know.

went back to my JW grandma who would never abandon any family, who i happened to be staying with. mom and sis acting their part.......... been wanting me to take my family to sears to get a professional picture made, kept trying to insist, kept asking my aunt where the nearest sears was........... i went to bed without so much as a goodnight.

next morning they said they would come by before going back home........... no word............. about 2pm they show up........ safe for them because both breakfast and lunch was safely over with by then. stayed for a bit and kept being a$$holes about sears. left and everyone was happy about it. this was the day before thanksgiving.................... so it was time for my thank god......... worldly aunt to start cooking. now my grandma is jw but my aunt lives in her house so she lets her do whatever she wants......... christmas tree......... dinners........ ect.

from the first morning i was there i was treated to old fashioned home grown country cooking.... for those of you who know what i mean....... you should be drooling right now........ for those of you who dont........ ill keep praying for you.

my grandma buys her meat one of two ways............... either half a beef....... or a whole beef at a time. same way with her pork......... when those 4H or FFA kids raise their pigs for school............ she buys them after they show them and has them butchered........... her meat never hits a grocery store. its fresh with no preservatives or artificial anything added. my wife only eats fish turkey and chicken............. i had her eating sausage, pork chops and bacon. home made buttermilk biscuits and eggs cooked in bacon grease........ and forget about the gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. real mashed potatoes and green beans that came from one of the family gardens. squash and green tomatoes fried in corn meal......... it just kept getting better and better.

that was BEFORE thanksgiving............. and they dressed it up and made more for the holidays. we had turkey and giblet gravy with dressing and mashed potatoes, ham........... fresh from the hogs a$$. taboli, green beans, two different kinds of cranberry sauce.... i prefered the kind shaped like the can lol. home made yeast rolls, then chocolate pies, pecan pies, pumpkin pies, brownies, rum cake, lemon pies, cherry cheesecake........ oh the list goes on and on.

my first plate was the old time favorites.......... second plate was just ham and rolls with a small bit of taters and dressing............. waited 2 hours............ pecan pie and pumpkin......... waited 2 more hours........ chocolate and cheesecake.......... waited 2 hours......... well you get the picture.

we had over 24 family members in a small a$$ trailor lol haveing a damn good old time. drank some bad oklahoma wine and some damn good arkansas wine........ but mostly sweet tea.

finally we had to head back home so we went to see my family first so we could break away and go see my uncle again if they started their crap............ which surpiseingly they didnt. we stayed about an hour and a half with them before we headed over to eat with my uncle and aunt............ now my folks did cook for us..... deer chili and chocolate cake....... of course they still wouldnt eat with us so i figured if you cant eat with me then keep your damn food. they started loading us up with toys and clothes for the boy......... can you say guilty consciences working over time. wont come see him or talk to us........ but will buy him crap. so we went to my uncles and told them they were welcome to continue visiting with us over there but they came up with excuses and didnt.

so we went to my uncles and got a call asking where we were gonna stay the night because i told them my reservation in west memphis wasnt untill the following night. i said well we were gonna get a room on the road......... so mom offers to pay for a room in town so i told her i would meet her and we could look at their rooms to see if they were ok................. boreing but ok. so she did that and i told her she could come by around 9 in the morning to visit......... ohhhhhhhhhhh here come the excuses again.......... well your dad and sister were talking about going in service tomorrow so i dont know if they can make it or not.......... COUGH(bull***) COUGH(bull****) so i said ok whatever..... she wanted me to call her tho when we woke up.

9am sharp i called her to let her know we were ready.........i unfortunately had to make a diaper run at 7 am........... how can you change the last diaper and NOT REMEMBER............huhhhhhh honey? lol. well at 10:56 am they show up........ mom and sis again...... still no sign of dad...... so i figure *&^% him he chose his cult instead of his grandson and went in service. so we visited while i packed the van and made ready to check out. invited them to go eat mexican with us............ imagine my shock at their refusal........ they wanted me to come look at the place they work so i told them i would after lunch.

rolled up............ and there dad was.......... wearing normal clothes....... ah so he didnt waste his day in service.......... well for that good deed he deserved a reward................ i let him hold his GORGEOUS GRANDSON............ dont know if i mentioned how good looking this kid is before or not.......... but damn hes cute as hell. so we stayed there for bout half an hour again then went on our merry way.

so...................... my dad has spent a grand total of 2 and 1/2 hours with his grand son. my mom has spent exponetially more but still its pretty pathetic. i figure that next time we go visit family their actions between now and then will speak volumes as to how much time ill waste on them. if i hear nothing from them............. no problem......... ill go straight to oklahoma via another route and if they wanna see him they can come up if not........ not my problem. if they however make an effort ill invite them to come visit. so who knows.

visit coulda........... and in fact shoulda gone better...... but it didnt go as bad as it very well coulda. i accomplished what i wanted............ my elderly grandmothers (one 80 and one 76 years young) got to see the boy and the rest of the family got to fall in love with him 2. got to hear the truth about how the family felt about the cult. how it changed my mom and dad from nice fun people to mindless zombies. also heard my drunk uncle tell me that in his opinion my dad was an a$$hole lol........... that was one of the highlights lol.

got some turkey and had a blast.............. im thinking christmas next year ............. hehehehe

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

Wow, they went way out of there way to make sure they didn't share a meal with you. How sad. But what will be worse is if/when the finally discover they've been duped by it all. I'm glad you had a great time. You went into great detail when you listed all the food you had, I'm starving now. Did you do that on purpose? LOL!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Why didn't you come by and see me? You could have bought me dinner, or breakfast, or lunch. My daughter is 16, and my parents have only see her probably 10 times. And they live in the same state. They send checks, once in awhile, I won't allow child to cash them. Dad sent a money order last time. Had no choice. If they were too busy to come see my child, I am too busy to come see you, when you're old. Which is now!!!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

thats what im talking about....... all that s*** they bought for him........ we fully intended to tell them they could deliver it and we would eat lunch with them and discuss everything................ but then when we got there my wife felt sorry for them.......... so totally brainwashed. so out of pity we took their crap this time, next time ill take the car so nothing will fit. dont want their money........... or their bulls*** just their time spent with the boy. they truely dont know how shakey the ground they are walking on is........... cause if they try and have no contact with us between now and then................. thats EXACTLY what they will get.

ill be damned if im gonna be the only one that brings my boy in contact with my dad. my one damn yearly visit and he cant cancel a *&^%$# ()*&^%$ thing to be with the boy............ uhhhhhh huhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

PS forgot to mention.................... SWEET POTATOS ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    Why didn't you come by and see me? You could have bought me dinner, or breakfast, or lunch.

Bull feathers. If I had known pg was coming as far as T-town we shoulda talked him into coming down the turnpike a little further to my stomping grounds and you could have come up this way, HL. I would have bought you all some dead cow at Cattleman's. PG's wife coulda had salad and rolls and we could all get to hold his baby. My wife is particularly excellent at cooing over infants. I've heard somewhere that pg's son might just be cute and even handsome.

Eagle of the invitation is always out there class.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

"Sweet potatos" how cruel and heartless could you be. Quit throwing food around. I'm still starving 'cause nothing I have at home compares right now to what they fed you on your visit. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit