Mormon answer for Tula

by FormerMormon 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Undercover - I was responding in a fairly concise way to Shawn. I hope you agree that my response was not unwarranted considering the hate he just spewed. I've not EVER suggested that FM or Shawn should leave this board or post elsewhere nor am I afraid of anything they might say - however, as I have said time and time again - cr*p on my porch and don't be suprised when I rub your nose in it.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..and while you mention it didn't you notice FM rather than simply answering Tula's question decided to do some more educational propaganda!? Bah.

• undercover
    undercover
    I was responding in a fairly concise way to Shawn. I hope you agree that my response was not unwarranted considering the hate he just spewed.

I can understand up to a point. Shawn's post was over the top. But on a board that has so many debates on faith and beliefs, a reaction of name-calling doesn't endure oneself to the analytical crowd that appreciates debates based on facts and not emotion.

I've not EVER suggested that FM or Shawn should leave this board or post elsewhere nor am I afraid of anything they might say

No, you haven't. But I did sense, and I might be wrong, that you were taking slight offense at those that put Mormonism in a bad light. You have every right to defend it as well, but to me it came across as a knee jerk reaction and not one of well-thought out counterpoints. I may have misread your intent however.

however, as I have said time and time again - cr*p on my porch and don't be suprised when I rub your nose in it.

But whose porch are we on? Somehow a discussion board about JWs has become a feuding ground about Mormonism. Is speaking against any religion on an ex-JW board really crapping on your porch? I defend your position about being able to defend your religion, but don't be surprised when people lump it in with JWs when it comes to the words control and cult...especially on this board.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

There are lots of very legitimate concerns within the LDS faith (role of women, pressure to excel, feelings of guilt and critically lazy thinking to name a few.) The mormons aren't perfect but neither are most of them crazy nut jobs - in general they are the same as everyone else and I step in to defend what I know to be incorrect (I defend LDS because for better or worse that just happens to be my speciality..) but if you look through my posts I sometimes defend the JWs as a people as well when I feel that its getting a bit lopsided in a discussion.

I don't try and proselyte - I just find it interesting to respond when I feel I have something to add. It chaps my ars* though when 'people' mislead or are rude without due cause (OK I'm excusing myself here). I do appreciate that I'm an odd guest here but hey ho that adds to the fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit