Unexped concequences of no longer being a Dub

by Amber Rose 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Having quit the JW's, I have found my past as a JW inconveniencing me in seemingly random situations. Finding a new hair stylist wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I need to get my teeth cleaned, but which office should I go to. The one that usually went to, where a Dub (my sister) works or just avoid her and choose his other location. And since I stopped attending meetings, my cuticles have been a mess! I no longer have 5 hours a week to massage cream into them. How about you all? What sort of unexpected changes have you noticed since leaving?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Yeah, I found it difficult to interlink in any situation - tradesmen, references for work, socially anything really and the thing is feeling that people treat you as different, then you react differently because you realize this and then maybe withdrawing but realizing you have to keep pounding at the dam if your ever gonna move on. So in coming out of your shell you see an even bigger one surrounding that! Tough!

• sspo
    sspo

22 suits and 20 meeting shirts in the closet and don't know what to do with them.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    And since I stopped attending meetings, my cuticles have been a mess! I no longer have 5 hours a week to massage cream into them.

lol- mine too- I used to give myself hand massages to pass the time. Now to find some time to just paint my nails seem sometimes impossible.

I don't really have any "unexpected" consequences- just the expected ones that suck. I was able to use most of my really nice dress clothes for work- everything else I gave to the Goodwill.

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

I was kind of thinking of something along those lines today. Seriously, I'm having a problem dealing with people who may do or think things differently from me. At work or my neighbors, for instance. I find myself sort of "cutting them off" meaning conversing with them very little or not at all. What is wrong with me? It is okay for someone to think and do things differently!! I've got to rid myself of that automatic response of 'oh, I'm not talking to you'. I'm sure I've been doing that all the time, but now I'm noticing it!!

Has anyone else had that problem? What worked for you? I'm thinking that it will only take time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit