The Good Samaritan?

by freedomfighter 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Most of us know the story of The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37).I used this in my judicial meeting to express my disgust with the Disfellowshipping Rule.

Back in the 80's my sister was DF'd . I was 14 and i remember mum telling her how stupid she was and everybody was in tears etc

Well she had 2 little children and an old car at the time.She never missed a meeting and took her kids along with her. One thursday night after leaving the meeting her car broke down on a dark, lonely country road. ( It was about 10pm). Now, in Australia , being stuck in this situation can be very dangerous, particularly a young woman with 2 small children. Mobile phones hadn,t been invented yet.

The only way to get help was to "flag" down vehicles that were approaching. She said most of the witnesses had to use that road to get home. Not ONE of those people claiming to be "True Christians" stopped to help, they just kept on driving by. Eventually a "worldly" couple stopped and drove them to a phone booth where my sister called Dad. My father had to drive 40Km's out from home to get her car started.

I never forgot this. When the Elders at my judicial hearing said "If you've got anything else to get off you chest, now's the time."

So i said " I believe the Disfellowshipping rule is unchristian........." And then i related the above true story.

This experience had a striking similarity to the Good Samaritan story. Those claiming to be holy people ( The Priest and the Levite) Just walked right past. This raises some questions : What if the wrong person came along that night? That would make the Witnesses Blood Guilty would it not? Do you think they would accept that "Responsibility"?

I personally find the actions of that night disgusting. These soughts of things are STILL GOING ON.

Regards Freedomfighter

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is true FF that some of us feel people on the outside are far more considerate than those inside. In fact those inside are that hasty and generally knackered from worrying about hours of ministry and study and work etc that it's no wonder people lose the 'love' and friendly spirit to hang out and lok out for each other like you would family. All the emphasis is misdirected and bleeds out of people a love for life and companionship they can then pass onto each other. So I think you made a great point FF!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit