Notes From Bethel Meeting

by mchll 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mchll
    mchll

Hi Everyone-

I peruse this board almost everyday, but this is my first post. Can anyone give me a link to the thread that contains the notes from the most recent Bethel meeting? It would be greatly appreciated.

Dont have much time to talk right now, but I do want to say thank you to everyone on here. You have been more help to me (and others that I continously share your posts with) than you will ever be able to imagine. And thanks for the notes!

• mchll
    mchll

Sorry! I answered my own question. Found them! Thanks anyway!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hi there, Michelle.

Great to see you!

• mchll
    mchll

Its cool to finally post something. You guys have helped me realize that other people out there have gone through things similar to me (and some things alot worse - I think about your stories constantly and always send warm wishes and good thoughts.) You have no idea what a help that was.

Everytime I would confide in elders or "mature Christians" about problems/issues I saw existing in the congregations, I was told that I was "the only person experiencing these things, these are totally isolated incidences, need to stop being so sensitive/concerned/paranoid, and to look to the Watchtower publications for answers" (which provided them basically never.) I could go on, but such a burden on an 15-18 year old! Anyhow, I dont feel like a total alien amongst humans anymore thanks to everyone here. Thanks for the welcome!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Welcome. Here are the notes. Good to have you on board.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/145375/1.ashx

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Mchll -

Welcome to JWD and congrats on your first post.

Would you please post the link to the thread you found?

Thanks a bunch!!

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome mchll!

You are certainly not alone. Glad you decided to post!

• mchll
    mchll

Hi Aude. I found the same link as neverendingjourney

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/145375/1.ashx

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Welcome to the real world!

-ootb

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi and Welcome! Thanks for posting, it's so good to hear of people coming out of that mind control! It's like waking up from a fog, isn't it?!? You're right on: there's a whole lot of pressure there on young people to conform, stop feeling, stop thinking, and just obey the washtowel society. Please keep us updated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit