confused by the concept of BTTT

by inkling 27 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling

I know "bttt" means "bump to the top", and is done on threads that people think are good, and
    need help from slipping into oblivion... right?

what I don't get is that the msgs I see are ordered by simply the date of posting, so how does
    someone posting a "bttt" help keep them in view?

[ink]

• JK666
    JK666

Most posters click on "active topics' in the options at the top of the page. It shows the latest replies.

JK

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Most people go to active topics at the top of the screen to see what we're all arguing about on that given day. BTT keeps a topic in the first few pages.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

jinx...

and...btt!

• horrible life
    horrible life
    child abuseThey didn't know 18 to 20 years ago, that pedophiles were harmful?2 3 25-May-07 01:02horrible life 23-Nov-07 21:32horrible life53

I posted this thread on May 25,07. I thought some may not have seen it, and I wanted someone to make a copy of this video. So now the date is Nov 23,07. If nobody responds, it will forever stay on todays date.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Active topics , at the top of this page, gives you all topics, that are active.

Well duh...... I sound like a parrot. Sorry guys!

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

thank you for clarifying that and the active topics option. i wondered how people responded multiple times in different threads in different sections.

• Zico
    Zico

It was months before I learned of the 'active topics' link. I felt like an idiot when I found it.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Me too!

I thought i was really clever chasing round the topics finding the threads people were posting on, then I discovered 'active topics' DUH!

• llbh
    llbh

I just learnt something new to, so what's new!?!

Thanks llbh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit