What Happened - Showed Mum the Feature from NBC News

by KW13 16 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Well i think its probably the best thing we've had happen in a long time.

Mum was stunned to say the least and apart from a few lame reasons why this could possibly happen, she was pretty speechless.

She tried to say the Society had dealt with it the moment they heard of the Sexual abuse themselves but a second run through the video pretty much dealt with that, as the first Pedophile mentioned was known to have abused since the 70's and the Society were aware of him existing.

She then said well in some states as the video says it isnt necessary to report it and that witnesses dont condone abuse but i said to her, neither do individual catholics but it still went on and that law isnt an excuse if you claim to be no part of the world.

WOW! She was just taking it all in and couldnt really do much about the whole thing....First time ever i've seen her like this, just totally defeated and the whole time she was here she was deep in thought...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I hope that scene is repeated all over this planet today and in future days.

Let us know how it goes in time.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

That is neat. Thanks for sharing.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The fact that they mentioned Rick Maclean was very powerful and icing on the cake.

• KW13
    KW13

I hope that scene is repeated all over this planet today and in future days.

Let us know how it goes in time.

Jeff

Definitely! We both know Jeff that beneath those excuses were covering panic, confusion and some questioning, i feel they were a disguised way of searching out the answers and seeing if indeed there was a bulletproof case. It turns out there is.

That is neat. Thanks for sharing.

My Pleasure

The fact that they mentioned Rick Maclean was very powerful and icing on the cake.

made a big difference!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"WOW! She was just taking it all in and couldnt really do much about the whole thing....First time ever i've seen her like this, just totally defeated and the whole time she was here she was deep in thought..."

This just makes me feel so sad, I have seen the same expression on my mum's face and it breaks my heart. I always have to stop talking at that point. Coming to terms with the reality of the truth is hard to take especially for those who have spent a lifetime at it. Be easy on her.

• blondie
    blondie

My nonjw MIL saw it. We reminded her that her own Lutheran church had an abuse case that they swept under the rug as well as all the cases in the Catholic Church and other Protestant churches. The important thing is to hold religious leaders accountable for these abuse cases they hide and don't report and the harassment of victims.

• KW13
    KW13
    This just makes me feel so sad, I have seen the same expression on my mum's face and it breaks my heart. I always have to stop talking at that point. Coming to terms with the reality of the truth is hard to take especially for those who have spent a lifetime at it. Be easy on her.

will do

My nonjw MIL saw it. We reminded her that her own Lutheran church had an abuse case that they swept under the rug as well as all the cases in the Catholic Church and other Protestant churches. The important thing is to hold religious leaders accountable for these abuse cases they hide and don't report and the harassment of victims.

yeah, no one is above this kinda thing which is what annoyed me with the Watchtower Article regarding the very same thing in Catholic Churches...they have nerve dont they.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Great job Kdub.

the whole time she was here she was deep in thought...

This is a scary place for most JW's.

• A&S
    A&S

Go to MSNBC.MSN.com Breaking News and you can see the article .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit