Rating the MSNBC.com news report to show your support of coverage

by valkyrie 50 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

bttt

• Scatteredsheep
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I was expecting something different from the "Big News". I felt rather let down. It seemed like old news that had aired again, except for the Witnesses having to pay. I don't think that it's going to change anything in the Witnoid world. It's not going to make them open their eyes.

• oompa
    oompa

I have read all these posts but not the link to msnbc....I almost don't want to....someone posted the payout at a whopping 12 million??? What a drop in the frikking bucket......nothing like the Catholic priest mess....that was big enough to make news and cause an impact in many diocese. Hope the link has some news with more effect than this...............oompa

• Scatteredsheep
  • willyloman
    willyloman
    posted the payout at a whopping 12 million??? What a drop in the frikking bucket......nothing like the Catholic priest mess.

Actually, if you go back and read Barbara's post, it said that the estimated payout was tha much money ($12+ million) for 16 cases, probably equally divided among them). That is an average of about $750,000 per case - which Barbara pointed out is almost exactly the same average settlement achieved by victims in all the of Catholic Church-related settlements that have been reported.

I take that to be a good sign. If the courts are now viewing JW abuse cases as equally serious and in the same light as the more highly publicized Catholic settlements, the media will begin viewing them the same way.That can only lead to more negative publicity for the WTS.

• Scatteredsheep
  • Scatteredsheep
  • Scatteredsheep
  • serendipity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit