watchtower ADMITS it does not expel all molesters.

by candidlynuts 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Excellent report tonight.

In the watchtowers OWN WORDS from the NBC nightly news cast

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Sections/TVNews/Nightly%20News/2007/11-Nov/statement.pdf

Second paragraph, second sentence: quote: " Our elders expel unrepentant sinners who commit this crime. "

That means as we all already KNOW, "repentant" ones are not disfellowshipped, they are allowed to go door to door, with children, where children might answer the door, they may be allowed to babysit, go to sports events with children etc. as we KNOW, if a repentant molestor is not disfellowshipped, the congregation is NOT warned, the parents in the congregation are NOT warned. the community is not warned and if the state that this happens in does not have mandated clergy reporting, it will not be reported to the authorities.

the last sentence in paragraph two of the above link the watchtower officials state " the incidence of this crime among Jehovah's Witnesses is rare"

more double talk? how many of us have heard.. "if they're disfellowshipped and doing disfellowshippable crimes.. they arent really Jehovah's witnesses are they?"

it isn't rare when most if not ALL posters here are aware of someone in their congregation that was molested.

It angers me to no end that because of Watchtower rules my adult child cannot talk to me because I post here but she can with the blessing of the Watchtower society talk to a repentant molestor with no problem whatsoever.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Before the awake that is mentioned, had they ever published anything else on child molestation? What a f'n coincidence that is came out the same month as this letter.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

there was something about molestation in an awake that barbara anderson herself worked on a few years ago wasnt there?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

posting this here too:

copy / pasted from my post in the other thread..

the media statement from the watchtower INFURIATES ME

especially the comment " In the United States over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12.300 congregations. During the last 100 years, only 9 elders have been sued for child abuse in eleven lawsuits filed in the United States."

wow that doesnt sound bad at all does it?

sued by individuals..maybe thats true.. the lawyers for the watchtower tickle our ears with cleverly worded statements... what does that fantastic number not include? accused? tried or convicted in court by cities or states? does that count men like Jesus Cano? does that include the alleged 23,000 accused molestors on file at Watchtower headquarteres in new york? does that include men like the recent elder in england that was convicted? Rick Mclean?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the watchtowers statement in full.

thanks gopher

Response to NBC
    For the sake of the victims in these cases, we are pleased that a settlement has been reached. Our hearts go out to all those who suffer as a result of child abuse. Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide are united in their abhorrence of this sin and crime.—Romans 12:9.
    We do not condone or protect child molesters. Our elders expel unrepentant sinners who commit this crime. (1 Corinthians 5:13) In the United States, over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12,300 congregations. (Acts 20:28) During the last 100 years, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States. In seven of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts. Of course, one victim is one victim too many. However, the incidence of this crime among Jehovah’s Witnesses is rare.
    Congregation elders comply with child abuse reporting laws. (Mark 12:17; Romans 13:1) We do not silence victims. Our members have an absolute right to report this horrible crime to the authorities. The October 2007 issue of our monthly journal Awake! features the cover series, “Keep Your Children Safe!” These articles clearly show our concern for protecting children from sexual abuse.
  • 4mylove
    4mylove

You are right Candidly! I remember reading her story she mentioned something to that effect.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The Truth of the matter is that most elders that have to deal with this problem will not take the situation out of the hall, especially if the witness is repentant and admits to what he had done.

In the past there has always been a public relations policy with the general public " We are God's only true earthly organization unlike Satan's Christendom "

and God's organization is clean and righteous

It's been one of their marketing schemes for decades,

Well until these recent law suits happened that is, now HQ has brought out a new policy

of course what they say and what will actually indeed happen at the KHS is usually is something different.

One obvious problem with not letting the authorities look into the situation, is if the individual is repetitive on his actions and is DF which would be common

the person could move to another area without having a watchful eye put in place.

Particularly so if the individual wasn't to return to another KH

I rather have the legal system deal with pedophiles and be treated in a proper way for this disorder than some elders at a KH.

• moshe
    moshe

The WT Society would have more credibility, if they had posted that news release as soon as the paid out that settlement earlier this year. Why won't JW's ask why the WTS kept it a secret- and what ELSE have they been hiding from them?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats a good point moshe. the actual settlement was when? may? i forget off the top of my head.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Homerovah:

In the past there has always been a public relations policy with the general public " We are God's only true earthly organization unlike Satan's Christendom "

that 'semi" worked till the information age and people were not as isolated anymore. we're finding out how many have said to theirselves " how can this be a spiritual paradise and Gods true earthly organization when things like this happen"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit