JWs just not important in this world no matter what they/we want to believe

by restrangled 40 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

For most of us raised in the "Truth" and I hate to use that term, we were brought up/and or taught to believe we were very important in this world.

The message being preached, God's chosen people, yadda yadda.

So as we leave this religion, the things we can point to as being news worthy, those breaking the law in the ranks, coverups etc....its really small potatoes in the world at large, although to this group it is huge.

I believe that part of the letting go of the Witness mentality is recognizing that in the end its all just a small cult that captured your soul, or you were born in and had no choice. It sucks bigtime, its larger than life for most of us, but in the bigger picture of life its a very small blip.

There is no question this religion has ruined/destroyed many lives, but to the world at large it isn't big enough to make a differnece to those not involved.

In reality, to use a horrible analolgy.....the JW's are just a pimple on the butt of the world.

• oompa
    oompa

Strangler I love your post!!!

I believe that part of the letting go of the Witness mentality is recognizing that in the end its all just a small cult that captured your soul, or you were born in and had no choice. It sucks bigtime, its larger than life for most of us, but in the bigger picture of life its a very small blip.

We are sooooooooo special. I mean how many people can sit in a room and have serious conversation that we actually are the only ones since the beginning of time that are not going to grow old....get sick....die? How special can you get. I guess if you really are hardcore about it, JW can make your self esteem go through the roof. Plus God kinda talks to us.....and ONLY us......oompa

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear restrangled...

I am of the opinion that when they receive the real truth, there will be none more zealous in proclaiming that truth...Amen.

love michelle

• minimus
    minimus

RE: Once again, you hit the nail on the head.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Very good post. You don't realize till you leave the JWs how rarely other people think of them, or how little impact they have on the world.

• restrangled
    restrangled

This is the point.....the JWs don't count for much anywhere, anyhow, in any way and for any reason.

Despite the fact they have settled huge old pedohile problems they were never as large as the Catholic Church.

The only way this religion will make headlines is if they have the rank and file get into a cave awaiting the end of the world in May such as the one in Russia.

r.

• minimus
    minimus

And do you even know who that group is? The Witnesses are a legend in their own mind.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I totally agree Restrangled. Two weekends ago, my husband and I were in service with an elder and his wife. The text for that Saturday was especially disturbing; it was on the flood and the "symbolic ark" (the congregation.) There were many comments from brothers and sisters stating that 'if you're not in the ark, your going to die....there was only one ark in Noah's time...yada yada yada. Then someone mentioned that Jehovah has a 'great crowd' already.

In the car, the elder continued that line of conversation and spoke about our 'growth' and 'how large an organization we are.' I told him I saw a statistic from UNICEF that there are over 70 million child slave-workers in INDIA ALONE. I told him to think about that in comparison with our almost 7 million JWs WORLDWIDE. Then I commented that it was too bad those children are going to die because they can't pull themselves onto that ark...

He had no response...

• minimus
    minimus

That was a great response!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They are irrelevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit