On Armageddon....

by Sunspot 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Since leaving the WTS I have come to appreciate that our lives need not be lived while centered around the "coming destruction" or that all our goals should be focused on this thinking 24/7. When standing back and getting away from the stringent and narrow-minded views of the men of the WTS.....and see what JESUS actually said on this topic....we are in for a surprise.

When you read the bibles that show His words in red.....and take the time to go through and ONLY read those....it is apparent that HIS focus was not directed on this "fearful coming destruction", but primarily on showing that HE is the truth and the life, and that HIS followers are to be compassionate, kind and helpful in whatever ways they can. We have only to look at the "Two Laws" and the "Golden Rule" he preached, to get an idea of what He lived AND what He died to accomplish.

There IS nowhere that we (biblically) find where Jesus said we would see our loved ones be destroyed; where we MUST find a man-made organization that claims to speak for God and join THAT to be "saved" FROM the destruction; or that anyone needs to join up with the Watchtower Society to be "pleasing" to the Father.

Oddly, Jesus ALSO SAID not to try and calculate or guess just when this "Armageddon" would be, but some do anyway. Obviously this is NOT the Good News OR the message that Jesus or the first-century followers delivered.....yet nearly seven million deluded souls have been convinced that this is the case.....while THEY continue to live in dire fear of Armageddon and of what will happen to THEM at "the End" that the WTS teaches them about.

For those of us who still believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior---but see him in a totally different way now....how freeing it is to now see these things (especially Armageddon) through different eyes of faith and not fear.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

How freeing it is to now see things through different eyes.

Agreed.

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

Amen. Christ-centered faith is so refreshing compared to apocalypse-centered faith. I've been impressed by the magnitude of what happened at Calvary and what a victory was won there over death and sin. I think that's expressed clearly in the early creeds of the church. Much emphasis on the personage of Christ and little on the "and I believe in the judgment to come" added at the end. An eschatology centered faith is so scary and depressing and frustrating (not that we shouldn't always be ready).

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

how freeing it is to now see these things (especially Armageddon) through different eyes of faith and not fear.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. - matt 11:30

It seems like the JWs are worshipping God not out of love for him but rather out of fear of death at armag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit