need good information about ice drillings

by the_end_of_eternity 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Also, the water canopy theory is impossible because that amount of water in the atmosphere would make breathing impossible due to the crushing atmospheric pressure and would raise the surface temperature to boiling. Basic biological processes would be rendered impossible.

Thanks for the explanation of the continental shift. I suppose that shift happened suddenly because they have found mammoths frozen solid with food in their mouths in Siberia, etc.

At any rate, the above scenario about the atmospheric pressure might be the case if the water canopy were resting on the atmosphere, however, certain passages in the Bible suggest the canopy was solid, and thus made of ice, like a glass case around the earth. In that case, you could adjust the atmospheric pressure to whatever you wanted. The ice canopy would not depend upon atmospheric pressure to remain suspended. Presumably, after Noah went inside the ark, for the next ten days the ice canopy was superheated and converted to rain clouds, making it completely dark before the flood began during the day.

Thanks for the continental shift explanation.

JCanaan

• marmot
    marmot

You're welcome.

Continental drift is not a sudden process, by the way. It's measured in what scientists call "geological time" meaning that it takes hundreds of millions of years.

As for the ice canopy theory, that one doesn't work either for the very reasons you stated. As the ice (from either an orbital ring or a comet or what have you) entered the atmosphere, the gravitational potential energy released would produce superheated steam, raising the atmospheric temperature past boiling.

The flood issue is one of the things that drove me out of the watchtower society, I'm always researching it and from what I've found so far it is impossible without the aid of miracles both to produce it and erase all traces of its supposed passage. The thing is, there are people out there who believe in proper science and are still able to reconcile their faith. I don't happen to be one of them but I do believe that they're better off than people who try to interpret genesis literally.

• marmot
    marmot

One more thing, the mammoths found frozen solid in the tundra were NOT quick-frozen in some rapid catastrophe. Read "Frozen Fauna of the Mammoth Steppe" by Dale Guthrie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit